Kind Bars....

Options
I love love love their bars but each one is about 190-210 in calories. For me...that is a meal. What bars do you like that are natural they are lower in calories?

I have really avoided my favorite bars since I actually started watching what I'm consuming. I never realized how big of an impact one of the bars could be if I dont cut other things out of my diet.

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Those bars are typically supposed to act as a meal supplement. Aim for a bar with high protein so you actually feel full for a longer period of time.

The bar is I use is Clif Builder's with 20g of protein and 30g of carbs...It is 270 calories.

I usually eat lunch at 12, then dinner at 8...so I'll have a bar around 4 to keep me going.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Those bars are typically supposed to act as a meal supplement. Aim for a bar with high protein so you actually feel full for a longer period of time.

The bar is I use is Clif Builder's with 20g of protein and 30g of carbs...It is 270 calories.

I usually eat lunch at 12, then dinner at 8...so I'll have a bar around 4 to keep me going.
    I will have to look at these. I really like the kind protein bars but they do not keep me from wanting to snack on something else.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I just discovered these and I LOVE them!!! I use them as an afternoon snack before my workouts :)
  • AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really like the goodness knows bars from mars 150 cal. And I can read all of the ingredients :happy:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I will have to look at these. I really like the kind protein bars but they do not keep me from wanting to snack on something else.
    It's because Kind bars, and others like them, lack the amount of protein and fiber that would keep you satisfied. I don't eat bars often but when I do not make my own I buy Quest Nutrition all natural protein bars - 20g of protein (milk protein isolate and whey isolate), 17g of fiber, 2g of sugar and no fillers and artificial sweeteners.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    OMG I love them. Typically, for me, 300 cals is a meal. So, I usually add something with protein, like eggs or chicken breast, and make it one of my snacks. But I love them. Dark chocolate cherry and peanut butter strawberry are my favs. YUMMY
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I love Cliff Builder's. The chocolate mint is my favorite. Reminds me of a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. ;) Yummo!
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat the Cliff bars sometimes after my workout, but before for an energy boost, I love Raw Revolution Spirulina and Cashew bars. Soooo good. They are a very dark green in color because of the Spirulina, but taste awesome. LOL. My co-worker (naturally skinny corn dog eating gal) says they are my baby poop bars. HAHA! They may look a little odd but they are so good. Sweetened with Organic agave nector. Not much protein in them though so that is why they are my energy snack. They give me a boost without making me feel full.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Love those Kind bars too! Some of the grocery stores here carry a bar called Perfect Food. I buy the cranberry lite bar, which still has around 200 calories. However, it's loaded with more balanced nutrients and very filling!:flowerforyou:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I pretty much avoid the bars unless I know I'm going to be in a situation where I need a meal on the go, or surrounded by bad options. Last month I worked as an extra on the set of TV commercial, and although craft services put on an amazing spread, there was very little I could actually eat without screwing up my program. I was prepared and brought along a couple of protein bars (don't remember the brand) and was glad I did.

We had to be on set at 3pm, dinner was at 6pm, but shooting didn't end until 2am. All the rest of the extras were starved by the end of the day or faced with junk food snacks like candy and pretzels. I was so glad I had thought ahead to bring a couple of protein bars or else I would have eaten the junk food provided, too.