Low carb snacks

Options
Previously if i was going to have a snack i'd have fruit (a banana or apple slices usually) but now i'm trying to lower my carb intake, as that seems to work best for me with losing weight, and i'm wondering if anyone knows any low carb healthy snacks?

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I like almonds. They have a lot of healthy fats, and protein. The fats give them more calories, so you might not be able to eat much, but munching on these help me get through the hungriest part of my day, the 3 hours before lunch
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Previously if i was going to have a snack i'd have fruit (a banana or apple slices usually) but now i'm trying to lower my carb intake, as that seems to work best for me with losing weight, and i'm wondering if anyone knows any low carb healthy snacks?

Hard-boiled eggs. :)
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    string cheese :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks
    pickles
    jerky
    boiled eggs
    celery w ranch
    protein shake
    lunch meat
    nuts
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    All great snacks! I just had some raw broccoli and spinach dip and some seafood salad.
  • frsalinas
    Options
    Good feedback, Thanks.
  • lshaunessy
    Options
    Also if you're still craving the sweetness from fruit, berries are a lot lower in the carb department.
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Low carb works great because generally these foods leave you feeling fuller. The trick - be prepared. (I caution you on lunch meat, most of it is high in sodium and nitrates.) Keep lots of cut vegetables on hand, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. For a dip, try plain greek yogurt mixed with spice packages like ranch dressing, taco mix, etc. (The yogurt has carbs, but is not too high). As someone else mentioned, berries are a great snack fairly low in carbs. There are some great low carb wraps out there too. I make a low carb grilled cheese - low carb wrap, low fat ricotta mixed with parm cheese. Yummy, but messy.
  • francesca_emily
    francesca_emily Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone :) Will definitely be snacking more on boiled eggs, cheese strings, berries, nuts and veggies :)