I need support this morning....

Options
I have been working so hard, i've lost 18 lbs so far. I added in exercise this week, and have felt better than ever. But, today was my weigh in and i gained .4 pounds, lost less than half an inch on my waist, nothing on my hips, and actually GAINED an inch around my neck.
I feel like just giving up. What is the point of trying something new when it is putting me backwards?
It is that time of the month, but I hate making excuses for myself. I also have had half my thyroid removed and the other half is inactive but as i said I feel that is just an excuse that I HATE to hear people make.
I guess I'm just looking for some support or a swift kick in the *kitten* this morning.

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm sure you know that you retain water during that time of the month...and those wonderful hormones can make you moody and pessimistic (I know they do that to me). I have a hate/hate relationship with my thyroid, too - so I understand.

Now, keep doing what you've been doing and avoid the scale AND measuring for the next week or two. 18 pounds is something to be super proud of and you know you are capable of losing weight, so keep it up!! :bigsmile:
  • frankensteinsbride28
    Options

hahaha! Thank you, Tenacious D can always put a smile on my face.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    thats a gain equal to a cup of water...
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i've lost 18 lbs so far. I added in exercise this week, and have felt better than ever.

^^That is what matters. 0.4 lbs is nothing, just weighing yourself at a different time of time could have given you no weight gain. Don't stress, especially while your body is in flux. Keep moving forward.