Team UK - January 2010

Options

Replies

• SugarMummy2010
    Options
    Hey everyone :flowerforyou: -

Sorry Ive not posted in such a long time - What with my demanding lil man and all the other bits i have to do around the house, cramming everything in is impossible sometimes! Would help if my son would learn the meaning of sleep :laugh: !

Welcome to all the newbies on the Board :flowerforyou: - and a massive well done to all of you! :flowerforyou: Everyone is doing so well! This site has been the best thing that has ever happened to me :heart: - I am more determined than i have ever been and have had such great support - Thank you :flowerforyou: xxxx

Well im in my second week :smile: - with another loss this week - which I am shocked at to be honest as its that time of the month for me :blushing: ( sorry to the men on the board for that piece of information! ) Am working out 4 evenings a week :smile: - sometimes it has been really hard to get off my bum and do it, due to lack of sleep etc. but I have not missed one! yay! :happy: I feel soooo good after and it makes you want to be healthy - really helps my cravings in the evening :smile: xxx

Im going out on the 30th of this month clubbing and have got to admit im dreading having a drink as i will feel so guilty! Does anyone know what is best to drink if im going to have a drink - norm. i would hit smirnoff ice and wkd's but ive heard they are shocking in how bad they are for you :noway: - anyone know how shocking :laugh: ? Im a bit of an alcho - pop girl when im out - so please help me out :smile: . . .

Ive got to go now my housework beckons :grumble: - Everyone have a great day and keep up the great work :smile: xxx

Sam xxxxxxx :flowerforyou:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, it's been ages since I've posted on the UK group - do excuse my absence!
    I too put on a lousy 7pounds over Christmas (half a frigging stone!). I wouldn't have minded so much, but I didn't think I'd been that bad. Must've been though! I've lost about 4 of those extra pounds, but I seem to be stuck on 170 AGAIN! It took me ages to get below 170 last time I was there. Humph! Been finding it a bit tricky to get to the gym regularly, mostly because when it snowed they closed early every day....not so good when you don't get home from work till late. I'll have to be better this week whilst the weather is half decent.

See you all again soon!

Erika
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Hi Everyone can i join you please!!!

I joined MFP a week ago and i lost 4lbs in my first week so was pleased with that, Ive started exercising again i do 3-4 seesions on EA Active a week, and i do a fair amount of walking as i dont drive.

Im 34 & SAHM of twins who are nearly 4 they go to nursery in an afternoon so this is my 2 hours for exercise usually do about 45 mins on the wii and the rest of the time doing chores. Id like to do more exercise but im struggling to eat my calories as it is.

I have started having breakfast and have cut out chocolate and a majority of fried food that i used to live on. ive stopped having sugar in my tea & coffee (i used to take 3), gone from whole milk to the 1% type, trying to drink more water but its a struggle. Alcohol is a big downfall for me as i go out at least twice a week, although i have cut down to diet coke in my vodka instead of full fat!!

I weigh 174lbs and want to get down to 150lbs or there abouts! Im 5' 6, thing is i dont actually think i look "fat" i have problem areas though a "jelly belly" which comes from having 4 children and never really exercising EVER til now! Most of my weight is on my tummy and on my boobs (38GG) ive always been large there and im a bit worried that with dieting im going to lose them all i wouldnt want to be less than a DD cup.

I need some specific exercises that will help me shift this tummy so if anyone has any tips or suggestions please let me know.

Good Luck everyone :happy:
  • siberiankiss
    Options
    I hope that I will be allowed to join Team UK!

I am from the north of Wales - although I was born and raised in Manchester.

In March last year I had a bad accident, I dislocated my shoulder and my knee. I ruptured both of the cruciates in my knee, sprained another ligament and have a fractured, maltracking kneecap. I was on crutches for 8 months.

Obviously in that time I put on lots of weight - I didn't really know my weight beforehand as it didn't really bother me, but I went up 3/4 dress sizes.

I need reconstructive surgery on my knee, but can't have this done until I've lost all the weight I've put on. I was told that putting it on so quickly and then going under the knife would be dangerous.

Having the weak knee, it's obviously tricky for me to do too much. Running, cycling and anything involving pivoting is out of the question. I bought a WiiFit and found that I can do the basic stepping and the boxing, among some of the other less-complicated games.

I have been doing an hour a day on it. I noticed that my legs and bottom were toning up really quickly - all that wasted muscle is coming back! My BMI was rising though, as the muscle is heavier than fat. This morning for the first time it dropped - I dropped 3lbs overnight - I double checked on the scales!

I see my surgical consult again in April - lets hope I've got good news for him!

Nice to meet you all, wish me luck!

Kate.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi guys!

Well, i went to the gym again today, and am pleased that i managed to get there as i wasnt looking forward to it. I think that the idea of going to the gym is the worst thing, once i am there and doing the actual workout, its fine. And i love the feeling i get when i have finished the workout, and feel like i have actually acomplised something!

how are you all doing?
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    my xmas was great thanks hun had a really good time

i put on 7lbs so i know the feeling, but you know as well as me that it's easier to get that back off as it's new fat.

as i said before good to have you back, in november our group was just you, me and a few other so good to have everyone join in again and welcome the newbies

have you much on this week?

James
    katie good see you back.

see I had to set up the group as you dropped the ball. lol

how was your xmas and new year??

James x

i think i dropped the ball the last couple of months lol

it was ok thanks - apart from the fact i managed to put 5lbs back on - other than that it was fine

how was yours?
  • James501
    Options
    good evening every one.

a big welcome to claire, siberiankiss, nikkia. and a big welcome back to erikazj. you are all very welcome.

i have been thinking i haven't been doing very well then this weeks weigh in happend. 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh yes the daddy is back lol

i'm back on tracj big time and have 2lbs to lose in 11 days very doable. hope you all our having great sucess and if anyone needs support or suggestions let us all know.

go team UK

James
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i have been thinking i haven't been doing very well then this weeks weigh in happend. 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh yes the daddy is back lol

wow! dude thats amazing! glad your back on track!

guess what?

your not the only one :p

i lost 2.8lbs this week taking me down to 145.6

WOOP WOOP

GO TEAM UK!!!!
  • curvykatie
    Options

have you much on this week?

nothing at all, lol, im back in york now but dont start back at uni for another 2 weeks, so im using the time to focus on my food and my exercise to get back on track

you up to much?
    what are everyone elses plans for the week?
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you dont mind me butting in. I've been lurking around since last year when I was on the Cambridge Diet and I managed to lose 5 stone. Then I became over confident & I've manged, thru greed and sheer piggery:blushing: , to gain back 2 stone.:cry:

So starting from this Tuesday I weighed in at 217lb and want to get down to 140lb.
    I have a gym membership, and I enjoy going, but ATM I'm only managing to get at the weekends due to work.

I'm a Geordie living in W Yorkshire, which I love, so much beautiful country side right on my doorstep.:happy: I'm 46, almost 47 but act 17 or so I'm told:laugh: Married, very happily, with no rug rats. But my DH works away most weeks, so I 'should' have plenty of time for myself, but somehow it never works out that way.:ohwell:

That's me on the left of my avatar, taken last year in the Lakes.
  • siberiankiss
    Options
    First weigh-in today. I started on the Wii 10 days ago, and have been on the healthy eating for a week. 7.7lbs down. Yay!
  • James501
    Options
    wow great result, well done you.
    x
    First weigh-in today. I started on the Wii 10 days ago, and have been on the healthy eating for a week. 7.7lbs down. Yay!
  • curvykatie
    Options
    i must be mad - i went to sainsburys this morning, did the 15-20min walk there and back, but they didnt have every thing i wanted - moastly because it was too expensive, so over lunch i decided to go back out and go to morrisons a 25-30min walk - and i did lol, so ive had a good workout - still have my real workout to do to
    hope everyone else is having a good day too!
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Hey everyone, can I join too? lol.

I'm based in Warrington, slap bang between Manchester and the greatest city in the UK, Liverpool!! ;-D

Started on MFP last week after getting the site from a friend of mine. Before then, I was doing my own excel spreadsheet working out what cals I consumed, how much exercise I've done, etc etc. Now this site does it all for me! :-) I've decided I want to get down to the weight I was when I played football, which means losing about 60lbs. It will help with my refereeing too (i'm a qualified Rugby League referee!).

Did my first weigh in on Saturday morning and lost 1.5lbs. It wasn't a lot, but I'm made up as I worked really hard last week so I know I can do it. Just need to continue it now.

I had a bad week in work, so went out Friday night and had a couple of pints; but then because I'm getting all this willpower (and I don't know where from!!) I ended up going the gym for a couple of hours and basically burned off all the alcohol. Been the gym Saturday morning, and Sunday evening. I've never been so much.

Normally the weekend is reserved for treats and sometime you slip a little; I can't remember the last time I had such a healthy weekend. Jacket potato's, pork and steamed veg......none of this KFC/Domino's/Krispy Kreme crap that I normally eat!

Start of another week, got my exercise goals to aim for again, and hoping that I see another 1.5lbs disappear by Saturday morning!!

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss and hope to speak to you all regularly about mine and everyone else's progress! :-)

Cheers

Lee.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello Lee, and everyone else here.

Congrats to everyone on the weight lose. The weight is slowly creeping away, but inches seem to have gone! In a size 12 now, a size that I have never worn (even when I was at school I was a 14!).

Hope everyone has a good week, and enjoys exercising.
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I had a pretty good week and lost another of the Christmas pounds, but then went a bit overboard on the sparkling wine and cheese on Saturday night...got a busy week too, so squeezing in the gym is going to be an effort...has to be done though!

Have a good week everyone,

Erika x
  • barrierfreeman
    Options
    ... and enjoys exercising.

I wouldn't go that far :wink:
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi Team Uk - can I join you too? I popped into the +50 Thread last night and have been made very welcome there. I did wonder whether there was a UK branch and here you are!
    I see there are a few of you from the N.West and one from N.Wales too. I live in Mynydd Isa (hence the name) near Mold. - nearish to Chester. From the south originally and actually worked in Haslemere for a time. - Elizja? from there?
    Seems a great site to get the support I need. I'm currently 11st but need to lose 15lb at the moment. 5ft tall and size 18!! I've bought some new "posh" frocks for a cruise in August. (I was size 16 before Xmas) so I need to make sure the clothes will fit me in August . ......help needed!! especially as I've a family holiday to Lanzarote in March. Then... I'll see about getting down to my ideal weight, haven't been 9 st for years.
    Evenings are worse for me as my husband is out at work - telly and boredom beckons.
    bye for now
    Jackie
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Ooohh i would love to join! I'm from Buckinghamshire, a newly qualified teacher working in a primary school. I put on about a stone last year and have only just got the motivation to lose it, as am newly engaged.
    I am still struggling getting my eating pattern right and am having too much sugar, as i love fruit.
    Any support is appreciated. :)
    thanks xx
  • r1chy
    r1chy Posts: 48
    Options
    Can I join too...

I seem to have bigger targets than a lot of you.

I weighed in last monday at 290lb..... and want to lose 91 ( to get me out the 200s) as my first target. I joined MFP yesterday as I want to keep a log what I am eating and my losses... Weighed in today and its a five pound loss. Its a bit high but hopefully with the info here I can control what I lose.

Richy