Need an extra push

Options
I'm a single mother to a 2 year old. I work 10am-8pm. Can't workout on my lunch break due to people breaking the rule one to many times. I have been biking or walking at night with my daughter. I also try to push myself to do sit ups and push ups while having my own hour of TV to myself. I guess I am wondering what videos worked for everyone. I know if I set my alarm in the AM I could get a work out in while she is sleeping. I have 30 day shred and I got bored with her. Any helpful tips will be great.

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    why are you covering for people? 10 hours no lunch break = illegal.
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

This is very true, some states it's breaking the law if you don't take a lunch within the first 4 hours of your shift as well. This is not right. Also, I'm suring being a single mom funds are tight but the YMCA is relatively cheap, especially compared to big name gyms, for singles and they have child care for 5 weeks and up while you knock out some cardio. I think any video you do that keeps your heart rate elevated for 30 minutes or so combined with watching calories will have the effect you're looking for. I know a lot o fthe Jillian Michaels videos are killers. Even her ab video is all about jumping around like crazy and kills you the first few times!
  • akafede
    akafede Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This

And what's your job?
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think what the OP is saying that too many other people have taken advantage of working out on their lunch breaks (probably didn't come back on time, etc.) that is why she can't do it without getting busted.

MEANWHILE, I don't have any DVDs to recommend buying, but I know there are some fun free ones you can watch and do on Netflix (after you pay for Netflix of course).

HOWEVER, I found this awesome chick on YouTube and her work outs are diverse, and FREE. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmandaRussell
  • JodiCole
    JodiCole Posts: 18
    Options
    I DO get a break at work. I CANT workout on break.