Please explain to me cals vs exersice?

Options
5'3,
cw193,
35,female
,gw 150 or less.

Hi, I have been wrk out almost everyday since Aug 1st,have lost 3lbs and 9inches(dance,walkin,zumba,light weights) ,...according to MFP,i'm supose to eat 1480/day,am starting 30day shred soon,...if i burn 200-300 cals /day....do i still eat 1480 cals??!!!,wont the food & the wrk out cancel eaother out???!!! ,...but sometimes this thing says i ate too little,(confused!!)It's the food i'm stumped on,..... I am fully dedicated to losing weight and getting in shape,but i want to do it right! Plain and simple. Will someone please teach me cals in vs cals out? I dont wanna bust my bunz everyday (and i will am a beast at wrkouts!!!)....and not eat right! Please,Please,teach me.thanx,~Amee do i still eat 1480?

Replies

• bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eat back your excercise calories, you don't need to eat them all back but you need to at least net 1200. so if you eat 1400 and work out 300 you can get away with only eating back 100 cals. I made the mistake of eating too little calories and have gained a pound and not lost anything for almost a month :(
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    ok,...i think i got it....
  • Annsterbird
    Annsterbird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm very confused about this too!! I do not understand it. I'm at 176 and want a gw of 135. I work out and trying to eat healthy but I feel like i might be eating too many calories? H E L P!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I personally eat all my workout calories back, but I use an HRM to get the most accurate picture of how many I really burned. However, if you're netting at least 1200, I think that would be fine too (that's my goal anyway, so on my workout days, I'll be eating 1600 to 1800 to net the 1200).
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    i get it ,i've got to eat more on the days i wrkout just to net somewhere between 1200-1400!!....by george i think i got it!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    5'3,
    cw193,
    35,female
    ,gw 150 or less.

Hi, I have been wrk out almost everyday since Aug 1st,have lost 3lbs and 9inches(dance,walkin,zumba,light weights) ,...according to MFP,i'm supose to eat 1480/day,am starting 30day shred soon,...if i burn 200-300 cals /day....do i still eat 1480 cals??!!!,wont the food & the wrk out cancel eaother out???!!! ,...but sometimes this thing says i ate too little,(confused!!)It's the food i'm stumped on,..... I am fully dedicated to losing weight and getting in shape,but i want to do it right! Plain and simple. Will someone please teach me cals in vs cals out? I dont wanna bust my bunz everyday (and i will am a beast at wrkouts!!!)....and not eat right! Please,Please,teach me.thanx,~Amee do i still eat 1480?

Yep eat your exercise calories back so you net 1480. That 1480 calorie goal already is already at the deficit you need to lose weight.
  • Annsterbird
    Annsterbird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I finally understand.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would search the web and find out your TDEE. Scooby workshop, and a few othet sights are great! Take away about 20% of your TDEE and EAT BACK at least some of your exercise calories!! It is tempting to go as low as you can, but lets face it, we all like to eat, and in the long run you are much better fueling your body for those workouts so you can go harder and longer than if you are famished!! If you use your TDEE- 20%, and *correctly* figure out workout calories, and food portions (MFP's estimates can be off by A LOT either way!) You will be in a good deficit and will lose!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm a few inches taller, but similar. 32, started at 194, now at 163. I have lost steadily when I have been on track and stuck with around 1400 or 1450 calories a day-net. I always eat back my exercise cals. Losing steadily even if not quickly is the best for long term results!