30lbs down.. how much do you think I have left to lose?

Options
Hello everyone - I started my weight loss journey this past summer (for real this time! ;)

I'm 5'3 and 24 years old. My heaviest weight was 168, and I currently weigh 137. Just curious if anyone has any advice on how much they think I should lose! Would def appreciate it:)

First set of photos taken at 160

Second set of photos taken at 137.

Most recent photo:

Would love any advice! x

****STAFF NOTE: This post has been edited to remove pictures in violation of guideline #12. We admire the OP's courage in posting her success and congratulate OP on the amazing transformation. However the pictures do have to be removed.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• Lady_Jones
    Options
    Hey whats the secret???
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I think you look great now. But do what is going to make you love your body. Are you happy with your body now?
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    No secret! -- Just eat clean and get regular exercise:) I have one cheat day a week, and I exercise daily - whether it be a walk or gym time or what-have you. Oh also - strength training!

Haha of course I'm not happy ^_^ I think my body image is so screwed up I may never be satisfied:) To quote a friend;) "I am a shallow, vain, 21rst century female, caving under society's pressures" ;)
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    No secret! -- Just eat clean and get regular exercise:) I have one cheat day a week, and I exercise daily - whether it be a walk or gym time or what-have you. Oh also - strength training!

Haha of course I'm not happy ^_^ I think my body image is so screwed up I may never be satisfied:) To quote a friend;) "I am a shallow, vain, 21rst century female, caving under society's pressures" ;)

Great job! I'm in the same boat with you...I will NEVER be completely satisfied.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Honestly if I could get to your before pics I would LOVE my body and think I was hot as hell! So obviously I am not the one to tell you. LOL You look great now too, but you looked great before!
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I don't think you need to lose anymore at all. But I understand what you are saying about never being satisfied. WHen I was at my smalles (about 118) I had no clue how small I really was...only now I know when I see old pics. I was never relly fit or skinny growing up, always had weight problems---so when I got small (not even trying) I still thought I looked huge. It is very frustrating. But your pics show how far you have come and how great, fit and toned you look!!!!!
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    btw how long did it take you??? I'd love you to add me so I can follow you:)
  • settledownspazz
    Options
    i think you look great. i wouldnt lose more than 10 more if you want to keep going, dont want to lose those curves!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I started my weight loss journey this past summer (for real this time! ;)

I'm 5'3 and 24 years old. My heaviest weight was 168, and I currently weigh 137. Just curious if anyone has any advice on how much they think I should lose! Would def appreciate it:)

First set of photos taken at 160

4-upon2012-02-13at1656-1.jpg

4-upon2012-02-13at1706-1.jpg

Second set of photos taken at 137.

4-upon2012-08-24at1842.jpg

4-upon2012-08-24at1844.jpg

Most recent photo:

4-upon2012-08-24at1833.jpg

Would love any advice! x

Its been said time and time again on other boards, but just in case you missed it, check out the heavy lifting women, it seems that its not until women start weight training that they get the body they have always wanted. Its definitley worth the time to read through and check out the results.
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    See Im over 190 so your 160 pics is what I'm trying to get too.lol I would say bout 5-10 lbs no more than that because you look great!!
  • betaleonis
    Options
    My thanks for all your kind words and sound advice. Heavy lifting is def the way to go, have to agree with you there. Its been just over a year, but I started strength training and eating clean in january. So about 7 months between those photos:)
  • betaleonis
    Options
    Sorry about the photos violating guidelines! I take it this is a a new addition...?
  • jamifaith
    Options
    Hey, I have your same stats (5'3 and 137Ibs) and even though I have a weight goal (127) my current goal is just to have my clothes fit better and maybe even lose a pant size.
    Ive recently stopped focusing too much on the scale, and its been great for me because I get to focus more on being fit.
    Being at the same place as you, my advice is to not worry too much about losing pounds, and focus more on how you want your body to feel. As long as you keep at it with healthy eating and exercise you will find that happy place for your body soon. :)
    Great work btw!
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    good question!.. I'm also 5'2" and was at my heaviest at 168.. I'm now at 145.. I set a goal for myself at 125.. the thing at GNC says at my height I should be 115 but I think 125 is a healthy weight to be if you want some muscle because muscle weighs more than fat.. and who doesn't want that? :)
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    they have always had those guidelines, but i never got to see your pics, i am sure they couldn't be worse than most of the one i have seen on this site. lol :)
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Someone else quoted the pics and I got to see them there, I guess the mods need to remove them there too. Is it just that you're in your underwear? Hmm. Girl in underwear 'oh no'!, girl in bikini 'oh yeah!', makes no sense to me. But anyway to my main point which is you look brilliant! I guess focus on toning a little if you want? its what I am doing also
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the photos violating guidelines! I take it this is a a new addition...?

Not new, it just seems rather spottily enforced :laugh: I got a glimpse though and you look amazing!
  • betaleonis
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys.
  • claire47
    claire47 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey, good job you look great just as you are, i have exactly the same stats as you however i have a baby belly to contend with, if i didnt have that then i think i'd be happy at 137, but my UGW is between 123 and 126 but if i feel happy somewhere on route to that then thats where i'll stay. I dont know how much you need to focus on the number as long as you are in the healthy weight range not under or over then base it on how you feel in yourself. You are healthy so the only thing pressuring you to lose more is you! Claire
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Your starting pictures could have been MY starting pictures!! Good job!

And, take it from me guys, she looks great, even if her pics have been removed!! WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!