30 day bore

Options
I am doing the 30 day shred, and I am only just finishing day 3....I am getting bored with the workout in level 1 already but I dont feel ready to move on to level 2 until the recommended day 10.

I have tried muting it, listening to music, singing along...i cant seem to make myself excited about doing it. I feel the results and I dont want to stop...:(

Does anyone recommend on how to make it more interesting? I usually get bored and quit, but I dont want to do that this time.

Replies

• jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have no recommendations, I am bored as well. Hopefully someone else has ideas. I just wanted to say, don't stop! Keep going. (Sorry I am not a great motivator) ;)
  • achillesheel93
    Options
    Either suck it up and do it, or find another work out! I stopped on day 15 because I was really bored by the repetitiveness and now I'm starting Insanity which is a big step up but it has different work outs every day... I found Jillian Michaels' voice really monotone and not motivating, so I've changed my routine!
  • kellya009
    kellya009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've only done 2 days of level 1, and yeah I can see what you're saying. But for me I realize it's only 30 mins of my day, and at least I can gauge how much time I have left by the repetitiveness (?) of it. I kind of like that. You've only got like 25 days left, and after that hopefully you'll have the results you wanted, and can move on to something more interesting? Don't give up!!
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    Yeah it bored me too. I did it sporadically and never finished.
  • jenn0113
    jenn0113 Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried to turn the voices off last night and found all it did was mute her but you still see her lips moving - so lame! So I turned it back on and just pushed through. I figure I can put up with the same thing for 10 days before going to level 2 and then 3. If I see results I'll be glad to do the same thing over and over.
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I watch tv sometimes while I do it. I put it in my laptop on mute beside the tv. :yawn:
  • _Amanda_lynn
    Options
    I really hated the 30 day bore. What got me threw was turning down the tv and listening to the comedy channel on Pandora.com
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    if you're bored already, please find something else to do. There is no reason to torture yourself for the next 10 days! If you want to keep it up though (as you say, it is a good workout and you want the results), do it every other day instead and walk or run or do one of ther other videos on the other days. It's good to let your body recover from workouts anyway.

I never could do the same workout multiple days in a row!! Hell, I can't even hardly stand doing the same thing for 30 minutes at a time (except walking/running outside). A guy in my gym used to crack up at me because I'd do 10 minutes on 3 different machines. It was the only way I could get though a half hour of cardio. My attention span is just WAY too short.
  • sharfisher
    sharfisher Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    because if I hear 'that is fear leaving the body' one more time...
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I lasted 4 days on that workout. . . I have to change up my workouts at least every few weeks or I get really bored and just want to quit. I've stuck with Insanity for about 6 weeks, but the workouts are different every day. Hope you find some you like! :happy:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I get insanely bored, easy with workouts. One that I always go back to though is Turbo Jam. Could be worth trying! :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I've only done 2 days of level 1, and yeah I can see what you're saying. But for me I realize it's only 30 mins of my day, and at least I can gauge how much time I have left by the repetitiveness (?) of it. I kind of like that. You've only got like 25 days left, and after that hopefully you'll have the results you wanted, and can move on to something more interesting? Don't give up!!

Yes. I just deal. I'll tolerate the monotony of it if it gets me results.
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes it is boring, but the results are my motivation. I am currently Day 13. I don't plan on quitting because the results are to great. The workout is really not meant to be FUN. It is difficult. I say just push.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Either suck it up and do it, or find another work out! I stopped on day 15 because I was really bored by the repetitiveness
    Me too. I could not get over the boredom. I had to stop doing 30DS because I was starting to resent working out. It was starting to become a chore. I didn't want to have that attitude about exercise!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Find something else you do like. I am usually so busy concentrating on the moves that I don't think about it being boring or about what she is saying or her tone or the music, I can do it for 20 minutes, but a lot of people don't like her so just listen to other music.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way about it. I never finished- that may have been my lack of motivation, not sure. I'm doing the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism one now (for the last couple of weeks) and I'm finding the same thing. She bores me!
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    I feel your pain! JM annoys the e-living CRAP out of me, but shew she gets the job done. If you want a little more variety, go with her Ripped in 30 because it has 4 different workouts so u do a different one every week. I had to mute her and blast my RockMyRun.com mixes!

Good luck!
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    when I do videos I always mute it and watch something on my laptop....makes the time go by way faster!!
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOL so many people love the 30 day shred so much that I said I would try it...you are giving me 2nd thoughts lol but it is so inexpensive that I may still try it....but then its like I said in another forum...I have so many DVDs collecting dust...I may need to just dust some of those off before I buy anything eles...my mom has some that she needs to dust off too...I have No more trouble zones that I recently dusted off...I am gonna stick with that one right now...

saying all of that to say...I have no idea what 30 day shred is like but maybe you can get some friends (if ur living room is big enough) and do it with them...had 30DS meetings or something with a lo cal snack...or like someone else said...another work out...plenty of people have gotten fit and shreded some fat with this work out but I am sure as many that have there are waaaaay more that did it a different way...if you are goin to do nothing vs doing this work out then you need to go ahead and just do it....but if you are going to trade it for another workout....go for it!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I liked Ripped in 30 better but it got to where I was adding circuits then I was doing 2 videos, once I got to the point that I added another circuit...I started running instead. I refuse to do 3 and 4 videos a day when I can be running and crosstrain on off days LOL.