Insanity Beach Body

stepha2707
stepha2707 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Has any tried this workout? My husband wants to start it with me but looks really hard!!!!!! It does look insane! Just wanted to get anyones input on this! I'm just now getting use to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so I think I'm gonna struggle!

Replies

• BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    I did a complete round of it in Oct/Nov. It is by far the hardest cardio workout I have ever done. It is not for someone who is not already fairly fit. It has lots of side-to-side movements, so it can be tough on knees. It also is very heavy w/plyometrics, so lots of explosive legs moves. It aslo requires a great deal of upper body strength as you are in plank quite a bit & there's also lots of push-ups (done pretty darn quickly). The whole feel of the workout is like old-school PE drills. If I had not done p90x first, I don't know how successful I would've been w/Insanity. After Insanity, all other cardio is easy. It is very tough to get my heartrate to really get up there now. There is also no weight-work. You will not touch a dumbell. Compared to 30 day shred....the shred would be considered a high beginner level. Insanity is very advanced. It does build in intensity though, w/month 1 workouts easier than month 2 workouts. If you can live through them, they pack a whole lotta punch in a very short period of time. I still do some Insanity now. I've mixed it into my current P90X rotation.
  • I am curently in the middle of Insanity and it is hard, but doable. Without knowing your husbands fitness level it is hard to say if it is possible for him. Most people I know have done p90x before insanity. However, I think p90x is more resistance training than cardio. Insanity is almost all cardio, lots of squats, jumps, running in place and lunges. Very plyometrics focused. There is a fit test pdf you can review at

http://teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

It will give you a sense of what to expect.
  • How intense of a workout do you like??? It is INSANE but AWESOME!!! I love it! ....and Shaun T. is awfully nice to look at as well!! I like that you use your own body strength to workout. No weights,etc. and you will be exhausted by the end. I have only completed the first 30 days. I took a break over the holidays and have started getting back into it. The warm up alone is pretty intense the first few times, but your body gets used to it pretty fast. I saw pretty good results in a month's time, especially around the midsetion. It's a GREAT cardio workout as well. Try it out!! I got mine off of Ebay, new in the box, and spent @ $50 less than ordering from Beach Body and got all the same videos, etc.

Noe that I am incorporating calorie counting into my diet, the results should be awesome from Insanity....if I
    could get myself jump started again. The first time I did Insanity I ate whatever I wanted and only lost 5lbs. in a month, but did lose an inch and a 1/2 off my hips and 3 off my waist. Now...the goal is to do Insanity AND watch what I eat!!!! I LOVE this website!! Good Luck!! I hope it works out. P.S. Beach Body also has a great website if you want to find out more about other people's experience with Insanity. Pam :happy:
  • I just started getting on the track of working out again about 3 weeks ago. And the hubby's been very supportive. He just got me the Insanity pack and said he'd do it with me. I'm terrified. But it looks like it's worth it. Good luck! =)
  • Thanks to everyone that gave there input...I told my husband I would complete the warm up part and then probably be done! I do have bad knees so I will be sure to wear both of my knee braces...thanks again! We are starting it tonight when he gets of work!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    I bought it and am doing it with a Group of Girls here at work! It is hard but worth the workout. It gets somewhat better in week 2 and 3 onceyou have figured it out.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    I have Insanity and am going to start it on my 5th week. I to have bad knees & am SCARED to DEATH to start! I have been riding the bike daily & doing upper body weight lifting to just prepare myself a bit!!!
    I'm afraid my Heart Rate Monitor is going to be beeping through the roof!!!! I'm so scared!!!!

Oh and a question to you all, how fit are you guys? I am beginning my 3rd week of getting back into the swing of things & want to know if 4 weeks is enough time to get myself some what prepared for Insanity!!! Need I say I am petrified?
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    One of my friends ( a guy) did PX90 first, and now insanity, and he just sprained his ankle lol
    Sorry, there was no real imput there, just funny story :laugh:
  • melissaovadare
    I should add that he sprained it while doing an Insanity workout on his 3rd day! He says the movements are intense!
  • leeslim4life
    AHHHHH Melissa, I didn't want to hear that!!!! :embarassed:

Let me just share, after I finished P90X last summer. About 2 months later I tried Insanity, YEAH it kicked my butt but, after the 1st workout my calves were on FIRE!!!!! I couldn't walk for a week! So I never went back to it. This time around I really want to complete it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • melissaovadare
    Good for you, honey! I am TERRIFIED to start P90X, so I got Chalene Extreme instead, then I will hit the P90X! I should add that men are not as coordinated as us beautiful ladies, so you should be fine!!!!!:smile:
  • leeslim4life
    LOL!!! It's funny how your doing Chalene Extreme before doing P90X b/c I am seriously thinking about doing the Jillian's 30 Day Shred before Insanity! Maybe I'll try Insanity after the 30 Day Shred!!!
    Oh yes you are so right, about men & their lack of being coordinated! :laugh:
  • I was gonna wait til I was 20 lbs down to try it. But I really wanted to start it. I just did the fit test and it kinda kicked my butt. So I'm sure tomorrow I will be half-dead. Woohoo.
This discussion has been closed.