newly single looking to party...

Options
i just recently broke it off with my bf of 5yrs.... while we were together we spent most of your time at home with the family or going to movies, dinner, ect. i never really went out with my friends because i would have rather spent time with him....well now im 25 and single and i want to go out to the bars, clubs with my friends but how do i fit in drinking on the weekends into losing weight and trying to achieve a toned body? i know i can drink liquor with less cals, use diet soda or water instead of juices, ect. but i want to be able to go out and enjoy myself not be sitting in the bar worrying about every calorie or stopping after 1-3 drinks because i might go over cals for the day..........any thoughts? any one else go out drinking reguarly and still get results? i dont mean i want to go out drinking every night but maybe 2-4x a month.....

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    noone? :frown:
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    eeehhhh.... Did you mean to post this on E harmony ?
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    eeehhhh.... Did you mean to post this on E harmony ?

no i did not... if you read it i am looking for advice on how to live a life where i can go out with friends, meet new people, ect and drink while still be able to achieve my goals
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Booze is going to hurt your goals, no way around it, but on the same note, who cares, let yourself go once or twice a month, who are you hurting, no one thats who. It wont change your overall conditioning unless you make it a regular habit.
    Oh, and I think kaxfenix wants a date.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you go out, do you really need to drink? I mean you can still go out with your friends and have fun without drinking alcohol.
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you are only going out a couple times a month, and you don't usually have "cheats", then it's okay to relax and just have fun. Eat lighter meals earlier in the day (I usually just cut out carbs for the day since that saves a lot of calories), make sure you get your day's exercise in, and then go have a good time. Everyone deserves to do that from time to time.
  • CharisGtrs
    Options
    The eHarmony comment was funny!But in all seriousness, drinking really isn't a good thing. I do hope you
    can find an alternative to it when having fun when with your friends. Most end up regretting it when they do, but you
    can make your own decision.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    One cocktail to two glasses of water.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I say make one day a week a cheat day. Then when you do go out alternate between an alcoholic drink, and water. Don't stress about cals and just have a great time being out and about.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    its called living your life.
    If you want a beer, have one. Or seven. Just don't do it every night.
    Go out, have fun. Work out.
    People do it all the time.
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i just recently broke it off with my bf of 5yrs.... while we were together we spent most of your time at home with the family or going to movies, dinner, ect. i never really went out with my friends because i would have rather spent time with him....well now im 25 and single and i want to go out to the bars, clubs with my friends but how do i fit in drinking on the weekends into losing weight and trying to achieve a toned body? i know i can drink liquor with less cals, use diet soda or water instead of juices, ect. but i want to be able to go out and enjoy myself not be sitting in the bar worrying about every calorie or stopping after 1-3 drinks because i might go over cals for the day..........any thoughts? any one else go out drinking reguarly and still get results? i dont mean i want to go out drinking every night but maybe 2-4x a month.....

Skinnygirl products are getting popular. You might want to frequent places that serve them.

On nights that you know you're going out, you might want to up your exercise before you go out.

When I have nights like yours, I plan ahead. I reduce my intake during the day. Be careful with that though because it will lower your tolerance.

Some nights, offer to be the designated driver. By all means don't stop having fun all the time, but maybe you'll want to up your share. Plus on nights like those, you're more than likely to meet someone less inebriated and someone more worthy of dating.

Try places where drinking is not the primary activity. Some of my funnest nights are ones where I'm getting up and dancing, doing karaoke, bowling, mini-golf, ect.

As a continuation of my last suggestion, seek out friends or social activities that require physical activity. Rock climbing, self-defense class (especially if your ex or potential suitors end up being real a**holes), yard sale hunting, adult league sports. Any of those activities will immensely improve your social life while helping you to burn more calories that will allow you to indulge in the partying and clubbing with less worry.

Seriously, if you want to do more partying and clubbing though, all you really need to do is find some healthy way to balance your newly found independence out.
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Last fall I used to go out every Friday without fail (it was a stressful semester!) and drink a pitcher or two of beer. I still managed to lose 2 pounds per week.

Of course, I've gained about half the weight back since then, but that's neither here nor there. What I'm trying to say is: it's doable. Cheat days allow for it.
  • 09wozza09
    Options
    Its hard not being able to drink esp when mates have invited you out but i would just make it maybe once every two weeks go out and have fun with your mates and have a drink. If you go gym that afternoon before you go out in the evening it wont take alot, before you know it you feel like you have had 10 drinks even though you have only had 2-3 lol. Or in my case go to club ministry of sound in london all you need is a bottle of water and dance the night away ;) i wish you well, good luck
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you go out, do you really need to drink? I mean you can still go out with your friends and have fun without drinking alcohol.

this
    & if you really want a drink have one, but don't go overboard, or don't do it regularly cuz it will only hurt your goals.
    i tried this when i first started out, i found that it just didn't work for me, being hungover is the worst feeling ever, and for me, my stomach turned into a bottomless pit the day after. i go out now, but i don';t drink, and when i do i have a drink or two and that's it.
    you can still have fun and be sober :)
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    "One cocktail to two glasses of water"

"its called living your life.
    If you want a beer, have one. Or seven. Just don't do it every night.
    Go out, have fun. Work out.
    People do it all the time"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    These