Which beer is ok to drink?

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you're being good and want a couple of beers every now and again drink the one you enjoy the most. It's not going to undo all of your hard work.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Cold beer :drinker:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Corona Light has always been my beer of choice, even before this lifestyle change.

It's only 105 calories per bottle, and with a lime it's tasty!!!!
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options
    :drinker: You can drink any beer that you want, but sadly the answer if you really want to stick to a clean diet is NONE. Beer is all carbs and sugar, and makes you want to eat bar food = FAIL. Actually, all alcohol is no bueno for weight loss. Bummer I know, because I love a good beer or three.

That said, one night a week with a couple of beers isn't going to be the end of the world, it just won't help anything you are trying to accomplish.

I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

Alcohol is "no bueno"? Why not? If it fits in your cals/macros, what's the problem? As far as the cravings go... that's a self control issue, not a beer/carbs/sugar/alcohol issue.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well, you have gone all this time without beer, how do you feel? You know you can go out and have a tonic and lime, or a coke...nothing says you have to drink, that is of course your choice, I just know that over 2 months is a great accomplishment if you were used to drinking...this is coming from a almost 9 month sober person so forgive my 'soap box' moment
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've been on my weight plan, I haven't had any type of alcohol and its probably been about two months. My friends invited me to a bar and I would love to go because Im starting to get cabin fever. Im just not sure what to drink at the bar without compromising my calories and I dont want to go back to my current weight all because I didnt know which beer to drink. Any advice?

You can drink any beer you want, personally I'd stay away from the big huge breweries, as their beer isn't very good

3528id.jpg

:laugh:

This is exactly what I was picturing when I read this thread title!! :laugh:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Delicious ones.

aka any that MissK is brewing!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Capt Morgan and diet coke is 112 cals. Flavored vodka and club soda is abot 150 cals. Beer is gonna run you about 160 cals per 12 oz.. You can tell I have looked into this
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    Miller Lite only has 96 calories!

But it's like sex in a canoe........

You know, Effing close to water....
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do enjoy the occasional micro brew. My fave is an ale from a local place...Tonganoxie Honey Wheat. All this talk of Guinness has me thinking of giving it a go!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Wow, strange advice on here saying that Guiness is lowest in calories... I think they are pulling your leg! I love dark beers, but I expected them to have more carbs and more calories. Sure enough, they DO. According to the site I found, 12 oz of Guiness has 17.6 g of carb and 194 calories. There are MANY beers that have far less calories, including some amber ones.

Gotta go check the nutrition info on my faves... not that I have beer even available at the moment, but vacation is coming!
  • rgrewall
    rgrewall Posts: 22
    Options
    my husband loves select 55s. i'm not a fan though but that's because i'm a wine drinker and if i'm gonna have a beer i want a beer not watered down beer. i like sam adams and shock top.

I love Bud Select, but only the regular and even that is 99 calories. The 55 is like p*sswater to me. I know, very classy. I do love me some Sam Adams seasonal though...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness. Low in calories and tasty.

^^THAT^^

Guinness is where it is at! Filling, tastes great, and not a lot of calories!!!!

Life is good!
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite only has 96 calories!

But it's like sex in a canoe........

You know, Effing close to water....

Awesome, lol!
  • stayfit2012rrr
    Options
    All of them....lol.

Rum man myself
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Corona Light has always been my beer of choice, even before this lifestyle change.
    It's only 105 calories per bottle, and with a lime it's tasty!!!!

Yeah, I'm a normally beer snob and have been trying *every* light beer for mass consumption. Nothing's beat Corona Light yet for 100 calories. And CL is NOTHING like Miller Lite which is... shudder. The only thing is never buy it in six-packs, because it's all skunked.
    According to the site I found, 12 oz of Guiness has 17.6 g of carb and 194 calories.

What? I thought Guinness is 200 for a big UK print. Last I knew it was around 125 for 12oz of draft beer. May need to re-check that.
  • beast8618
    beast8618 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, you have gone all this time without beer, how do you feel? You know you can go out and have a tonic and lime, or a coke...nothing says you have to drink, that is of course your choice, I just know that over 2 months is a great accomplishment if you were used to drinking...this is coming from a almost 9 month sober person so forgive my 'soap box' moment

I use to drink a case within my first hour and it wouldnt give me a buzz. At first it was hard cause that was my way of unwinding down and I had to find a new way but I feel great. I had to learn how to modify everything that I ate and I wasnt sure if I had to do the same for my beer.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I told my friends that if I ever see them drinking a Bud55 or Miller 64, I would personally kick their @$$.
    It may be fewer calories, but if you're going to "waste" calories on beer, drink the good stuff and enjoy. Its called LIFE. Live it.
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
    there are plenty to choose from, drink responsibly!

AWESOME link!!
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I like MGD. Calories? Who cares so long as it's only every once in a while.

Though I honestly drink so little that I've felt hungover since going out on tuesday. Ugh. And I haven't been all that hungry either. Or wanting to move.