Muffin top

Options
Hi there I am in need of some exercises to lose my muffin top it has to be no weights or machines as I don't have either.

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am in need of some exercises to lose my muffin top it has to be no weights or machines as I don't have either.

You can't spot reduce. Just stick to the plan, stay within your calorie goal, log faithfully and you will see results. Do some cardio, lift weights, eat enough protein.
  • unJunk
    unJunk Posts: 29
    Options

burpees ....as many as you can do every day.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce. Just stick to the plan, stay within your calorie goal, log faithfully and you will see results. Do some cardio, lift weights, eat enough protein.

This is correct. You will see the best results if you challenge every single muscle in your body not just your waist. Do some cardio, and above all else diet comes first.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    As well as weight loss,
    one can do pilates for free, there are free videos on youtube.

I do a few pilates type of stretches/toning moves,
    which seem to be helping reshape me.

One i do,
    for muffin top areas,
    is
    i lean forward, so my top half is almost parallel to the floor,
    and hold onto bedpost, or a kitchen bar stool,
    and lift up my leg way up behind me,
    swinging it side to side, til i feel that pull along the sides of waist and upper hip area.,,,,,,then i move the leg back and forth or around, riiiiiiiight there.

then i also bend that leg, and move it again,
    just twisting around til i find that position that pulls where muffin tops are, then i move the leg back and forth riiiiight there.

seems to be helping.:bigsmile:

worth a try anyway, but stand by for the inevitable attack of the bodybuilders who will tell you that you can not target a specific muscle, nor reshape a specific body part.....

*sigh*
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I still have muffin top. Unfortunately, like others have said, you can't spot reduce. You just got to keep on lowering ur body fat & it will get there. Can't pick what goes 1st. Oh, how I wish we could.
    Different people lose from different places 1st. Those who claim to be able to lose fat from certain areas are just lucky cuz they get to lose from the areas they want 1st. But i don't believe it has anything to with what exercise they do. It's just luck of the draw imo
  • japerkat
    Options
    Hey there! There are a couple of things you can do.... 1st nutrition is key - you have to lose the weight. 2nd - core strengthening will help tremendously. Have you heard of planking? I would suggest planking a few times a day for as long as you can and work up in time. Try 20-30 secs at first and do that 4-5x/day and then try to increase your time. Planks are a staple in my core strengthening work. It tones all over, lower back, obliques, belly... I have seen pretty great results.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hm I thought a muffin top was from women wearing pants that are too tight for them... >.>
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hey there! There are a couple of things you can do.... 1st nutrition is key - you have to lose the weight. 2nd - core strengthening will help tremendously. Have you heard of planking? I would suggest planking a few times a day for as long as you can and work up in time. Try 20-30 secs at first and do that 4-5x/day and then try to increase your time. Planks are a staple in my core strengthening work. It tones all over, lower back, obliques, belly... I have seen pretty great results.

For this type of planking ...You don't need to lay across your kitchen counter and have someone take a photo and post it to facebook. Sorry I couldn't resist:bigsmile:
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    There are types of sit ups you can do to target those muscles.... Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is helping me a lot to lose those particular areas (and strengthen others as well).... Maybe you wanna try that.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    ???
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Hm I thought a muffin top was from women wearing pants that are too tight for them... >.>

Me too. The easiest way to get rid of a muffin top is to buy pants that actually fit rather than pants you have to "suck it in" to get buttoned.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options

i think this person IS right, too,
    if you wear appropriately sized clothing your shape will be less distorted into "extra" curves which are not even there when you are nude.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    try candle stick dips ( on your knees one leg extended to the side *foot flat*. Bring your arms above your head with your hands clasped and bend to the side that your leg isn't stretched out.)
    Wiggles (on your back hands behind the nape of your neck and legs bent into tabletop with your knees outward. bend your elbows to your knees. No upward or downward motion only bend to the sides)

Hopefully my descriptions make sense :embarassed:

These moves will work the obliques
  • RonnaAustin1111
    RonnaAustin1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can have muffin top or what some call a spare tire even naked.. ;)
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options

if you wear appropriately sized clothing your shape will be less distorted into "extra" curves which are not even there when you are nude.
    thats called a Camel toe
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    you can have muffin top or what some call a spare tire even naked.. ;)

oh yeah, guess that is true....
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    thanks everyone I wrote down your advices I will get to work on it.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options

thats called a Camel toe

not necessarily.
    one can wear too tight of a waistband, and have the seat of pants be long enough and loose enough there's no camel toe.

one can wear a skirt too tight, so that muffin tops appear,
    and have no camel toe.

one could have on pants with loose enough waistband,
    and still have the seat of pants be too short, too tight, and have camel toe.

most all grownups DO know what camel toe is,
    and it's not necessarily related to muffin tops.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Exercises won't work, you can't spot reduce. Exercises will strengthen the muscles, but not get rid of the fat covering them. As you lose the bodyfat it will go away, but no exercises will change your genetic pattern for how/where fat comes off.

Here's a study regarding "spot reducing":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21804427
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    btw, TO THE OP,
    congratulations on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!:drinker: