New to this but I'm 43 and I'm ready!

Options
I'm a mom of 4 and I'm really overweight for my height. I'm finally ready to get ALL of this weight off! What I am needing now is some serious support/encouragement! I've tried many times with no success and it gets very discouraging! My daughter is going to do this with me but sometimes we both make bad eating decisions together! Yikes!

Thank you in advance for any friend requests and support!!

Replies

• FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me :)
  • Trollivier
    Trollivier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lets make this happen! Together!

23157093.jpg
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • bamonfan
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nae(Bamonfan)
    I read what you wrote and believe me I understand. I'm actually 24 and I'm at my heaviest and I feel the same way that you feel. I have a bad sweet tooth and it doesn't help my case at all. I'm just getting back on the wagon after seeing pictures of me at my family reunion this year and I was devastated of how big I was and it actually was a set back to me that I threw myself away like that. I was at a loss for words, but you are right about having motivation and a support team. I'm will to extended my services and hopefully we can help each other out. Once I get a meal plan down I think that I will be okay and I still need a team
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 44 with 5 kids. My two youngest and my husband are doing this with me. Getting your daughter involved is great as is setting a good example for her (my personal motivation is my kids).
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. I am 42 mom of 3. My middle daughter is exercising with me and she feels better doing that. I will pre warn you I don't weigh often anymore because I find the scale unreliable. It will say I have not lost but then measurements and my clothes falling off tell me differently. :happy:
  • trevors_memaw
    Options
    im 43 as well. have only been logging in for 2 weeks. i need friends that have a positive attitude because i get discouraged real easy
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome I'm 42 and have 3 chidren there older,only 1 in school. you may add me for support & encouragment
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey! I'm finding the more people you have on here the easier it is and the more support you get! The boards are a great way of getting advice on what to do and what not to do! Feel free to add me if you need some support / encouragement!! :smile:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and a single mom of a 14 year old girl. Feel free to add me! Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and a mum who has a lot to lose. Feel free to add me, if you wish.
  • areilly78
    areilly78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. :)
  • grandtiger
    grandtiger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friends list. I can use all the support I can get. Doctor told me to get the weight off thru diet and excercise by the first of the year or he's putting on another blood pressure pill.