Tips and tricks for low-cal eating

Options
I thought we could share some ideas of what to eat when you don't want to add a lot of calories to your day but need to be filled up with something other than raw veggies.

I love pickles (including pickled green beans), coco pop rice cakes (16 calories each) with salsa, laughing cow cheese on a slice of lo-cal toast (light Swiss and Arnold's Light - 75 calories total), 2 cups of vegtable broth with a small can of mushrooms and pop chips (120 calories for 20 chips).

Anyone else have ideas I could try?

Thanks!

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    I love....

Frigo Light String Cheese- 60 cals
    Dannon Light and Fit 60 cal yogurts
    Emerald 100 cal pack almonds
    And fruit bars, though they're a little higher in cals
  • csrt80
    csrt80 Posts: 11
    Options
    Those are some good ideas. In the summer (which will be here in a few months) I eat the FRUIT popcicles. You can even make your own. Use real fresh fruit (or frozen in the winter time) chop up small in your blender that has probably been push to the back of your cabinet then just add water. You can even do this for babies and toddlers. they think they are getting a treat but they are getting in their fruit & with less sugar then the store ones. Just remember when you are trying to cut down on your calories it is usually higher in something else, such as sugar or sodium.