500 calories a day program?

Options

Replies

• Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    yup this diet exists, it's called natural selection. It's used to help us identify the dumbest people on earth when they aren't wearing an Ed Hardy shirt

YUP! What he said!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Probably wears sunglasses all the time too because it's always sunny in doucheville.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Way too few calories to take in IMO. Even 900 calories a day is considered too few in most cases. Not a wise decision. :noway:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    yup this diet exists, it's called natural selection. It's used to help us identify the dumbest people on earth when they aren't wearing an Ed Hardy shirt

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Amazing. I love you!
  • lizMMedrano
    lizMMedrano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done this program. I lost about 50 pounds on it - however, like any diet if you go back to eating your old way the weight will come back and mine did. This plan is called Mediweightloss and is medically supervised. I am doing a modified version of this on my own. I do 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fats and I try to stay at around 800 calories a day. Once I get to my goal I plan to increase the calories but maintain the same composition of calories.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    500 cals a day will mess you up. Your health will suffer and it could have very negative psychological results too. The best way (according to any sensible medical profession) is to loose weight at the rate recommended by MFP - I'm going to listen to them rather than someone like your friend who doesn't know what she is doing when it comes to diet
  • fanci9900
    Options
    I didn't read every comment so I am sure it's been said... 500 calories is to few calories for anyone... a woman needs a minimum of 1200 calories and a male 1400 calories and this is for someone who is NOT active... my opinion on fad diets such as this is don't do it. You are better off just logging your calories and exercises
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's most likely a Pro Ana type diet. Yeah, they work, but people who do them are unhealthy and miserable! Also, restricting like this CAN trigger eating disorder behavior in some people. Being thin isn't something we should be risking our lives for. . . is it?
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    well I'd say if there were awards for best comment per thread, this one would be alllll mine lol

Agreed, I was thinking you win the internetz today.
    Plus, you're completely modest about it! :tongue:
  • sonshinelady
    sonshinelady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha!! I had to laugh right outloud when I read your post. I am somewhere between you and 'doesn't sound wise to me'.
  • AEL79
    AEL79 Posts: 10
    Options
    LOL!!!!!
  • sonshinelady
    sonshinelady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey....I LOVE your goal counter...gal lying on the beach. Where did you get it? May I ask? FUN!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You cant teach common sense.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncl.ac.uk/press.office/press.release/item/diet-reverses-type-2-diabetes

"In an early stage clinical trial of 11 people, funded by Diabetes UK, all reversed their diabetes by drastically cutting their food intake to just 600 calories a day for two months. And three months later, seven remained free of diabetes."

For info.
    So, based upon a study involving 11 diabetics (who I assume were morbidly obese), you'd recommend a 500-600 calorie/day diet for healthy individuals?

This is a real study and it worked ... but the people on it were monitored very closely by doctors and were not doing it to loose weight - it did get rid of diabetes. Its like any medical intervention though - the long term damage caused by just a stringent fast are still unknown - also things like muscle wastage, flabby skin etc are likely to occur. I prefer to do what is recommended by the medical profession to loose weight which is basically what MFP suggest
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You cant teach common sense.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So, what about those of us who really CAN't lose on 1200 or more cal?. I've tried.. and tried. The ONLY success i've ever had has been to stick around 1000. Yes it's miserable. Yes I work out (p90x). I've even tried the whole "metabolism reset" thing. NOTHING seems to work. I have resigned myself to having to eat VERY small amounts for the rest of my life. I know that I will never be able to increase my cals without gaining weight :(
    You probably have a medical issue that needs attention, OR you're not eating the right food.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

LOLZOR! true story.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hey....I LOVE your goal counter...gal lying on the beach. Where did you get it? May I ask? FUN!!!

That must be for me :happy:
    Good ol' snooping around on google image search. Me in a tropical paradise is supposed to be my reward for when I get this weight off. However, its looking like a trip to the Keys at end of next month.. which is a little early. Oh well.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Stop!!! Just stop with this nonsense already!