Awesome Quinoa Recipe

Options
PRMinx
PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
Hey everyone,

I made this awesome recipe for the first time last night and it's really delicious. I got all the ingredients from my local farm and I ate it by itself for a healthy, vegetarian dinner. I can't take credit for it though. Here is the link to the full recipe post: http://www.justataste.com/2011/07/quinoa-with-corn-and-scallions/

Quinoa with Corn and Scallions

Yield: 8 servings

Prep Time: 20 min

Cook Time: 20 min
Ingredients:

4 ears corn, shucked
1 Tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ stick (¼ cup) unsalted butter, melted
1 Tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups uncooked quinoa
4 scallions, chopped
Directions:

Place the corn in a large pot and fill it with enough water to cover the corn. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let the pot stand, covered, for 5 minutes.

Remove the corn from the pot and let it cool on a cutting board until it's easy to handle. Then, using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cob.

Prepare the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, lemon juice, melted butter, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl.

Rinse the uncooked quinoa in a sieve under cold water until the water runs clear.

Cook the quinoa in a pot of of boiling salted water per the package directions.

Add the quinoa, corn kernels and chopped scallions to the bowl with the dressing and toss until it's evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm REALLY trying to get my family to enjoy quinoa. This sounds like a great recipe to try on them!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    yum!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks! :happy:
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love quinoa! This recipe sounds soo good! :happy:
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    sounds good, thanks for sharing!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm glad everyone likes! It really is amazing and it made so much I have leftovers for lunches and dinners for a while.

As a side note, I didn't cook the corn. I live in a great area for corn and we eat it raw around here. :-)
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump....thanks!
  • 2199mopsie
    Options
    love this. Quinoa has become a staple since it is so high in protein and nutrients, esp. b vitamins. We are in the middle of Olathe sweet corn country and when I cook corn I just put an ear in the microwave for 4 minutes. Simple, easy and clean. An ear for supper, followed by sliced fresh peaches. Perfect meal. Will love to change it up with this quinoa recipe. Thanks for sharing.
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump......... YUM!!!! !
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious - thanks for sharing!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for sharing.
  • KaraH425
    KaraH425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    just started experimenting with quinoa....bump!