Confused

Options
mts3779
mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
Yesterday I ate below my Calories, Carbs, Fat and Protien. After I ended my recording for the night, on the bottom of the screen it said that I could put my body into starvation mode. I ate a 1.400 calorie day. I thought it might say "Good job staying under" but I guess not. LOL

Beacuse of my bad back I am not able to exercise hard. So, I try to do planks, and walk. I cannot brisk walk because it will start to hurt my lower back.

So I guess that is 2 questions I need answered.

I eat well and awesome low fat foods ALL day as well as yogarts and string cheese. I switched to Almond Milk. At first I hated the Almond milk but now that I found that drinking it really cold in the glass with ice, it has grown on me and now I like it.

What can I do to help my stomach slim down. I have dropped a few inchs around my stomach itself. I had a beer belly and it was gross and I was tired of looking at it every day in the bathroom mirror. What actually made me start to want to loose weight is when my sister took a picture when I was pointing at something and my gut was GROSS,.

Also is eating 400 less calories then what is planned in your daily charting bad? I just was not that hungry Thursday. I was not going to eat just to eat.

Any advise would be great.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mark

Replies

• leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Hi Mark

This is a difficult Q to answer because there is nothing to base the answer on. Need to open your diary, post your age, height, weight, goal weight, etc. All these things are factors in the weight loss game. I have lost inches and some weight since I upped my calorie intake according to MFP. Before that my body was in starvation mode and stored everything I ingested as fat so it would have something to feed itself off. Also, any exercise burns calories, so there is the debate on eating back your exercise calories.

Cheers, leska
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You can eat under your goal for a day, but doing it for too long is not a good thing
    There's no harm in having a little full fat instead of reduced fat dairy if you are well under your calories
    also nuts are good for a top up.

You look like a tall guy, can't believe 1400 is enough for you to fuel the engine, esp with an exercise regime
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    just 1400 cal per day?? im eating 1700 !! I think its too low.. but im not an expert!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Heck, I'm a 54yr old woman and I'm eating 1450 calories a day (losing 1lb per wk at that level). You may want to do some custom settings and up your calories a little. Increase protein intake, lower the sodium. Best wishes, but like a previous poster said, without knowing your 'body specifications' it's hard to give good advice.