NEW and needing friends :) 100lbs+ to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• misschevious1
    Options
    A BIG beautiful hello from New Zealand and have just joined this impressive site and are, like many on a massive journey of discovery and getting active and healthy.....have well over 100lbs to lose and are looking for new friends as well.....this site dazzles me as do all of yous and I am indeed honoured to be among an amazing group of people too :)
  • airie797
    Options
    Welcome! We all take that 1st step so congratulations on doing it. It is VERY hard to stick with it, but I find many people on here are VERY supportive. :)
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey! ^_^ feel free to add me :) I'm sure you'll do great, I lost my first 25 pounds by walking alone :) So walking is good! I'm down 50 in total including the 17 since I started here and still have another 40 to go! ^_^ Welcome!!! :D
  • Looser5555
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I am working on losing ALOT of weight as well. It is a long rough journey and we need all the encouragement we can get!
  • StevenHaley
    Options
    Hi, I have just started. I have 35kg to lose. That's the weight of my nine year old daughter. I have to lose an entire child in weight. I find it really strange when I think of it.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    hi midnight!
  • becca2337
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Becca2337and I am looking to lose 32 pounds and I could use all the help I can get. I just saw a nutritious today and she laid out plan for me but it seems impossible. Please help.:sad:
  • ginabops
    ginabops Posts: 26
    Options
    add me.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have about 72 lbs left to lose if anyone wants to add me, please feel free. The more support the better! I will return the pats on the back! :)
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Becca2337and I am looking to lose 32 pounds and I could use all the help I can get. I just saw a nutritious today and she laid out plan for me but it seems impossible. Please help.:sad:

Use the tools here. They work GREAT for tracking food and exericse! You can do this!!!
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    you can add me too :happy:
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - we're all heading in the same direction - DOWNWARDS AND INWARDS lol. I'm a proud Kiwi (NZer) and after struggling thru the Winter am pleased that 1 Sept brings our Spring and the warmer weather. I was 145.1kg (319 lb) at my very heaviest about 8 years ago. I lost a heap of weight by walking and watching what I ate and got down to about 124kg (273 lb) and then you guessed it, I put it all back on except for 1 kg. THE POSITIVE - I didn't end up higher than I started PHEW! So then nearly 2 years ago I started again but I had a lot of self-imposed plateaus - yup, I couldn't walk away from the yummy food :-) In April of this year I decided that this was it. This is the forever effort and I must admit my only and very good friend on MFP has helped me in no small way to keep going. If she wasn't there egging me on I don't know that I'd still be here battling on. I've lost 11.5kg (25.3 lb) in the 17 weeks I've been on here.

So to everyone who wants an MFP friend who is caring, supportive, funny and sincere feel free to send me a request. I would love to help you. Cheers, Rhonda (RHO)
  • sdicken1
    Options
    This is my last ditch effort to loose the weight a thing I have fought all my life. When I was 44 I weighed in at 417lbs and the doctors gave me less than 6 months to live if the weight didn't come off. So I had gastric by pass surgery.The results were very promising I dropped little over 200lbs in about 8months then I had a nasty fall and complicated the surgery procedure some way
    but I did get down to 179. Abouot 5 years later I started to regain the weight..oh yes, the surgery can be tricked if you eat slowly enough and lots of times a day. When I forage nothing seems to be sacred nor can anything stop the cravings. I am depressed
    because I am fat and fat because I am depressed. Bad cycle to be caught up in. What I need is encouragement and someone willing to tell me to keep going even I over eat for 2 days I will keep the log even if the calorie count goes over the number of calories that I am limited to.But I am also about exercising I have a dog and I walk him twice a day this is about calories 400 calories a day but there is a compete gym in this apartment building I live in.