How did you do this summer?

Options
Summer is when people gain the most weight and get out of shape.

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15 lbs. this summer.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    At least 20lbs of disgusting fat gone.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Met my original goal of 20 lbs and decided to go for 30. :drinker:
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs since the beginning of May. I was mad a myself that it was summer and I still was too out of shape for hiking, biking, etc. So I committed myself to eating smaller portions, no more snacking, and no cheating! Summer was my motivation .
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I stayed in shape, exercized 6-7 days a week, I toned up, and look way more muscular, I have more endurance but I am up around 10-12 lbs due to all the camping, bbq's, parties etc.

I feel great though and my clothes all still fit, so I say It was a decent summer.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I definitely got into better shape and I'm more toned, but still have a few stubborn pounds to lose!
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    22 pounds these short couple months! Cannot wait to see what I will be able to do next summer! :D
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've gained about 5 pounds back. Been careless with my eating habits and not working out as hard as I could.

You'd think people would gain more weight in winter when it's cold and we're hibernating and less active...but not in my case, I guess!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Summer is when people gain the most weight and get out of shape.

What a great post topic, gets us real about what we've been doing. I gained 4 pounds so far this summer, can't figure out yet how to reset my ticker...

But my body looks better than ever since I've been lifting heavy. But I've also been camping and eating lots of brats with buns and Summer Shandy.

Admitting what you've done is the first step to getting it back together!
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    25 pounds down, got stronger, ate healthier, while still managing to go out to the bar every so often. 8 pounds til my goal weight, i cant complain :)
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    well, i lost about 25..then gained 15 back :(
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Thank god I was able to maintain my 84lbs loss. Today was my first loss in over a month, ugh! Last real loss was June 22.
    I am just thankful I didn't gain!! I am so close to my goal, it's time to get it done - but it's a struggle with how lax I have been.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I started here July 7th, I think I did okay this summer so far ...
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I started down this road was because of summer. We went to Europe for 4weeks and I knew I had to get my *kitten* of the couch because we were going to be doing a lot of walking and hiking around in Germany and Holland. Plus I wanted to be in the photos not hiding from them. But to answer your question I lost 9 pounds in Europe and that is with eating all the delicious food that was on offer. Yes I might have lost more if I had not allowed myself the pleasure of trying different things but that is not what my idea of a lifestyle change is. My idea is to let yourself trying new and wonderful things but you don't have to be a pig about it. :drinker:
  • babyxblue101
    Options
    Lost about 15 pounds this summer!! I was about 145-148 ish when school was done, and now I'm 131.4
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I manged to lose just over a pound a week and keep it off. I am also much stronger from lifting and can run faster, longer and on hills! I actually had to buy some new clothes just to have summer clothes and that felt really good too!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Got rid of 15 pounds this summer! :)

Going to get rid of another 15 this fall :)
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lost about 20lbs.

I've never heard that summer is when people gain the most weight though; winter would make much more sense between the holidays and the cold weather keeping people in doors.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Not as great as I should have done but Im looking forward :)
  • Mrbadbern
    Mrbadbern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lost 11lbs the past 7 weeks.