Blast from the past! Remember when..

Options

Replies

• canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I remember when television only has 3 channels and didn't start till 5 p.m.!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and I can still remember having smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants. I also remember the days before DVR or TiVo, when you had to actually tape things on Tv. I also remember when DVDs became really popular.

There was a time before that when you had to actually watch something when it aired, or you just plain missed it! :noway:
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    I remember when Troll dolls were all the rage.. Also POGS! Anyone remember that? And LOL, I also remember that computer game.. What was it called? Pitfall? Ugh, I'm terrible with names but I do remember playing that very game.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I remember:
    All That
    Hanson
    N'Sync
    Light Up Shoes
    Stirup Pants
    Lisa Frank
    Jelly Pens
    Nano Pets or Tamagatchi
    Dial Up internet
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I remember I Spy and New Zoo Revue. When Shaggy and Scooby never palled around with Scrappy. I remember leaving the house just after Saturday morning cartoons and not coming home until you could see the light of fireflies.

The day we brought home the Atari and how kick butt Space Invaders was to play.
    I was the the t.v. remote as well as the dish washer and on the weekends I also played lawn mowing service.

Awww the memories of the box fan as air conditioning, blessed was the day we go a ceiling fan...

I remember during the week it was homework before anything and if failed at school it was my fault and not the teachers.

I remember if I misbehaved the only time out I got was the time it took the belt to reconnect with my *kitten*.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I remember when TV went off at midnite. :laugh:
    I remember when we did not eat out :laugh:
    I remember when the family use to eat at the table at the same time:sad:

30 to 40 years ago were the best of times, oh how I wish for those days again
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I remember when MTV actually played music.
    omg yes! wtf now ! i gotta watch until like 7 or 8 am for music videos then the rest of the day is ****
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I remember if I misbehaved the only time out I got was the time it took the belt to reconnect with my *kitten*.

So so true. :laugh: And your parents did not go to jail for doing it. Aww the memories.:bigsmile: There was no such thing as time out. Where did that come from?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I remember when cigarette commercials aired on TV. I remember when smoking was allowed on commercial airlines. I remember when school chalkboards transitioned to whiteboards. I remember when it was trendy for girls to gather their t-shirt and tie a knot at the bottom. I remember when crimped bangs were really cool. I remember when credit cards were carbon-copied.

when did gathering tshirts and wearing crimped bangs out of style, I wore mine like this last week!!! lol

just kidding.....

I do remember when smoking was allowed in shopping malls though, I actually remember when cell phones came out, and 8 tracks. I owned an atari machine and thought it was the best technology ever, I remember tv's that didn't have remote controls and I also remember when all phones had cords.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    I remember when Troll dolls were all the rage.. Also POGS! Anyone remember that? And LOL, I also remember that computer game.. What was it called? Pitfall? Ugh, I'm terrible with names but I do remember playing that very game.

I loved pogs.....I had a lot of them!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I remember MTV coming on the air.

When most TVs were black and white.

When Star Trek first aired.

That Michelle and Help Me, Rhonda came out in the first year.

Party lines.

When doors were left unlocked and you could count on the neighbours keeping you to the same rules your parents did, and telling them when you 'acted up'

Record players that played 45, 33 1/3 and 78
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I remember when:

you had to call your parents using a pay phone

the first time My Little Ponies came out

Rainbow Bright and Strawberry Shortcake

Metal lunchboxes with matching thermos -- and you could beat anything with those things and they would maintain their shape!

Fashion Plates (Oh how I loved mine!)

Scrunchies

LA Gear hightops with 3 different color laces

When Kirk Cameron was the teen star to post on your wall

And oh...so much more...lol
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my car still only has a tape player.

atari
    bata tapes
    dancing in my kitchen next to a black and white tv and listening to a record player
    computers getting installed in schools/ typing classes
    beanie babies
    rugrats- i miss rugrats :p
    easy bake ovens and shrinky dinks
    when my birthday (september 11th) didnt mean watching a remembrance movie in school that made me cry
    sitting next to my mom in the smoking sections of restaurants...
    mr. rodgers was my hero
    and when there wasn't 10 pregnant highschoolers in your grade lol
    nintendo and the release of pokemon cards and games :p
    when you didnt have to worry about someone breaking into your car at least *twice* per year.
  • eyestylemom
    Options
    Oh...and who here collected Garbage Pail Kid cards?!?!? Eh...eh??? *raises hand*
  • bahlquist
    Options
    I remember when gas was 68 cents
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Oh...and who hear collected Garbage Pail Kid cards?!?!? Eh...eh??? *raises hand*

My daughter did, does that count, lol...
  • eyestylemom
    Options
    The lowest I remember gas is .89. Also...when we as a family gathered around the tv on Sunday nights to watch "The Wonderful World of Disney"
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Punky Brewster

Webster

Different Strokes

Facts of Life

Alf

CHiPs

Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Mork and Mindy

Land of the Lost

I think I watched too much TV as a kid...

Xanadu

Breakfast Club

16 Candles

St. Elmo's Fire
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    The old Star Trek was not re-runs.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Oh...and who hear collected Garbage Pail Kid cards?!?!? Eh...eh??? *raises hand*

I had a HUGE collection of these!!! (barfin marvin, doughy cloe, repeatin pete, and there were 2 of every card just with different names for the same character)