late night snack help!!!!

Are there any groups regarding this topic? If not anyone want to join me in reducing the snacking after a certain time like 8 or so? I really need help ive gain 6 pounds by late night eating.

Replies

• wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    I had a whey protein shake with 30 cal almond milk last night, 11:30 because my tummy was rumbling. Still down this AM. I try to find a protein snack or vegies later in the day. NO carbs! I try to have any carbs earlier in the day but for sure cut them off after supper. IF I have a post workout meal I will do egg white/1 whole egg omelet on top of salsa or sometimes yogurt.
    I still woke up at 8 starving and couldn't wait till my oatmeal cooled down to eat it! So I know my metabolism is working.

I had 2 big workouts yesterday though one from 5:30-6:30 (turbokick) and zumba from 7-8. Came home, showered, changed and ran to the store for milk, then ate my omelet with cheese and salsa.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 397 Member
    I usually start with some water. If I need more I grab some fruit and cheese. During the week my workouts are in the evenings and dinner is about 7 or 7:30 so I'm ok. On the weekends is when the late night snacking hits me because there is not structure.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    What do you do in the evenings? I notice that if I don't watch tv, I don't snack.
  • I agree with the watching TV and eating. I'm a nocturnal eater big time! When my family goes to bed I veg out. I found that if I quilt or scrapbook, even if the TV is on in the background, I don't eat because I don't want to get my fingers oily or grimy with foods. So try picking up a hobby that will keep your hands busy.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    or just budget those snacks into your calories for the day. I snack every night after work when I get home, about 12:30 a.m.