I need another exercise Idea!!!

Options
I have done like everything in the database that I can do! Bored now but I need to burn the calories!

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    sandbag training! get it =)
  • lilaclove2
    Options
    I like to jump rope. Burns a ton calories.
  • mea90334
    mea90334 Posts: 53
    Options
    I need some at home exercises to do right now... :)
  • Isobreathing
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing or find something new. There is so much available to burn calories. Dancing (in your home with fun music), kick boxing, zumba, paddle boarding, surfing,bike riding,playing kickball with your kids or the neighbors kids. The bottom line is just move.
  • mea90334
    mea90334 Posts: 53
    Options
    Maybe I will do that right now
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    if your gym has it box jumps that will help burn calories :bigsmile:
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was recently introduced to nikefitclub. I downloaded the ap for my phone and have a bunch of things I can do with little or no equipment at home. In fact just did the abs workout in my hotel room
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    KPOP/JPOP dance covers.
    ESPECIALLY if you're someone who will do it in heels.
    They look easy, but my GOSH, they're a good workout.
    An hour and I'm sweating like crazy.

Also good for impressing friends.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Juggling. Tones the arms. When you're learning you spend a lot of time chasing balls around the house.
  • I LOVE Zuzana Light's body weight workouts. She posts a new workout every week:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight?feature=g-all-u
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Start some new sports, I suggest tennis! Hehe :) Or basketball, volleyball, soccer, whatever! It's a great way to burn calories while having fun!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    I highly recommend walking/running. It's been my primary form of exercise for the last couple of months. Relatively little equipment needed and you can do it anywhere, anytime. I started with walking, adding in short periods of running. Now, I primarily run with short periods of walking. There are various smartphone apps that can track your time, distance, and calorie burn. Of course for most accurate assessment of calories burned, you'll need a heart rate monitor.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what you mean by "that I can do" or if that is a literal statement of physical capability or just a generalized statement of doing what you have the equipment for. As for me, there are many things I literally CANNOT do (or would be unwise and deal breakingly painful for me to attempt) because of a bad knee and ankle. So even if I had access to everything needed for every exercise in the database, there are some things I just don't even think about attempting. Anything that involves jumping (I'm like Indy--I can fly but I will crash land! ha ha), sudden impact (i.e. running), putting all or most of my weight on my left leg (leaving out many things that require extended balance and pushups--both full and granny style cause the direct weight sets my knee off, I tried so I know!!) If your statement is due to anything of this sort I have found several things that I CAN do when I stopped using that as an excuse: walking, biking, my physical therapy stretches, low impact step-ups (on my porch step), situps, crunches (and other abs exercises that involve laying on my back -- not my fave but I CAN do them). But I also found some Fitness Blender workout videos online (YouTube or fitnessblender.com) that don't just annoy the HECK out of me, which most of them do. If you are looking at any physical limitations like I am, the low impact videos have shown me alot of modified versions of things that I CAN do so no more excuses! Also, they have a HIIT workout for beginners. Occasionally, I have to modify an exercise or substitute with a version I learned on another video like doing wall pushups instead of granny pushups or marching in place jacks rather than jumping jacks. But the point is it gets me moving and takes me out of the "I Can't" mode so it's all good. As I like to say, "If I'm sweating, then it SO COUNTS and it's going in my journal no matter what anyone says!!" :o) Good luck!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zuzana Light's body weight workouts. She posts a new workout every week:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight?feature=g-all-u

Me too! Just finished her latest one :)
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sandbag training! get it =)

bump