Nothing Hurts Like Tooth Pain :(

Options
2»

Replies

• thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Glad but not glad to know I am not alone this experience. I was put on antibiotics but waiting for them to kick in and worrying the pain will continue in spite of. It seems to come and go and spreads up the side of my head and round my jaw. It is just so crap that it hurts the worst when laying down. Can hardly sleep standing up.

Am using ibuprofen as I don't like taking codeine as I already take temazepam to sleep and they can interact. Codeine didn't work anyways.the dentist did put an emergency filling in but it came out within thirty minutes of being put in so no use at all.

Really going I can get some sleep as I am utterly exhausted.

Temp fillings always fall out for me - just keep the area veeeeery clean. And prop yourself up in bed with pillows/cushions/whatever else needed. Sort of like sleeping almost sitting.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    How about rinsing your mouth out with fairly hot water and salt? Tastes yucky but helped me when I had my wisdom teeth out.

I also feel your pain - not teeth related but last year I sneezed and my back went *pop!* - took 6 months to get a diagnosis because my doctors are *kitten* but I'd been S-L-O-W-L-Y walking around with a slipped disc and not know it (I thought it was just muscular) - the pain was excruciating because the disc was 'compromising the nerve root' and omg. NEVER felt pain like it. I know they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... but... it really did nearly kill me :ohwell: Dark times. Dark times indeed.

Feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • LuvDMB
    LuvDMB Posts: 26
    Options
    I personally know this pain, and I can absolutely sympathize with you.
    Coming from the dental field, I must advise caution with a few of the suggestions here.
    First, do NOT use warm/hot compresses. This can increase blood flow to the infected area and increase the risk of the infection spreading.
    Second, please do NOT mix medications without the advice of your doctor. Only they know your medical history and know if it's safe for you to do so.
    Third, get your dentist on the phone ASAP to get antibiotics. This is the ONLY thing that will bring relief, and please keep in mind that it will only be temporary. The only fix for this problem is the recommended root canal.
    Fourth, watch for swelling. If you see swelling on the outside of your face, get to the ER immediately.
    I hope you're able to get some rest and relief. Feel free to send a private message with any questions.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I split a tooth in half about four months ago and I had to wait three days for an appointment to get it out, hurt like a mother****er. :(

Unfortunately, nothing I've tried ever helped, so sadly I can't suggest anything useful, but know that I feel for you if that makes you feel any better.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    go to the ER,,,,,,,,,, they can hopefully help!!!!!!!!!!!!

this