Japan food calories listing, etc

Options
Retired US Air Force living in Japan. Wish the food list could include Japanese products

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    There are several Japanese food in the database. I also eat Japanese cuisine & can log it here.

Or you mean some other authentic Japanese cuisine not found here?
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yeah, alot of the japanese food that is listed here are the more common westernized foods. Things like gyoza, sushi, sashimi, ramen, takoyaki, okonomiyaki etc are foods often found in western countries and thus easy to find. Other things like authentic jap curries, and japanese delicacies are hard to log. Or even japanese products (things from groceries that are not in english)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Retired US Air Force living in Japan. Wish the food list could include Japanese products

There's an easy solution - find some reliable local nutrition info and add them yourself.
    Most of the entries in the database have been added by users, that's what makes it so useful (also makes it a bit unwieldy, but I can live with that).
  • nevaeh1984
    Options
    I also live in Japan and I've just been adding some of the Japanese stuff I eat. Granted I only add the "packaged stuff" like milk, cheese, ham, frozen fruit, LOADSA Seven Eleven stuff...
    Regarding the "meals" per se, I don't know and I think it's always a gamble when you eat stuff that you haven't made yourself... God knows what's gone into it and the portions are also hard to measure.