Uni students help!!

Options
I'm currently struggling through an assignment due in 2 days and want nothing more than a block of chocolate to I've had some dark chocolate which has helped but how does everyone else power through school stresses??

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Coffee! I take mine black w. stevia
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum has been shown to improve concentration levels, so I'd recommend that. For the energy, drink coffee - I take mine black. Don't add cream and sugar!
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've never understood putting cream in coffee??
    I got a cup of instant with me with skim milk so next to no calories there.
    That and Im still tired from the gym yesterday, should get off here and do a couple hours of solid work before bed
  • alzaman5925
    alzaman5925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Actually, when I'm struggling through work I don't tend to eat, and if it's for an imminent deadline then I end up choking down caffeine tablets every three hours to stay awake and finish. I either do that or I sleep for a little while to calm down my stress.
  • ilinx
    ilinx Posts: 34
    Options
    I know that feel! I don't only crave sweets, but tend to stuff every food I find into my mouth. Chewing gums help a lot. And drinking loads of water and coffee.
    I also allow myself to take small regular breaks every two hours or whenever my brain feels squished. If it's really bad I do some calisthenics or go run for half an hour, I always feel energized afterwards.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a distance course and try and study every other evening & a Sat where I plan some sweet snacks into my daily allowance. x
  • brittfj
    brittfj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    taking breaks every couple of hours is best, but one of the side effects in caffeine is shown to increase your anxiety so be careful on drinking too much coffee. fruits may help cure the sweet tooth.
  • Happyspud
    Options
    have a low cal hot chocolate and see if that does anything :) good luck on your assignment :)
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a major gum habit; it's not nice so I dunno if I wanna recommend that to you :P
    If I have an assignment and I'm feeling run down I usually just eat at maintenance for a couple of days and try and fit sweets into that if I want them.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's better not to eat anything. You don't want to start comfort eating.
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with Happyspud. Low cal hot chocolate usually makes any cravings vanish :)