Ladies---boob help!

Options
KAF711
KAF711 Posts: 165 Member
I feel like my boobs make me look much heavier than I am, and most shirts look awful on me. Any one else have this problem?

Replies

• MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    oh yes. my E cup problem!

and really, the only thing for it is to get over it. stand up straight and stick them out always :) if you walk around feeling self-conscious, you'll slump to try to hide it, and slumping makes you look far heavier.

i wear a lot of stretchy tops, which demonstrate the presence of my boobs, but they do also demonstrate the presence of one wibbly tummy :(
  • KAF711
    KAF711 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yah, sadly I'm a bit bigger than that. UGH! I always find myself slouching because the are SO heavy!! I went to a specialty store to be sized, and once I get paid next week I'll be buying a bra that actually fits. I hope that helps some. I can't win. Either my boobs are squished and uncomfy, or my shirt is stretched out everywhere but my chest.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wear different types of shirts.

A normal t-shirt fits weird on anyone with C+ cup.

Get shirts, dresses and tunics with a tie back, gathered at the waist or a belt around the waist. Something like that, instead of a straight shirt.
    Dress according to your shape.

You can also look into how can draw the attention away from your breasts. Google it and you will find plenty about it.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm a C cup, but I totally get what you're talking about! I suck at wearing t-shirts, but when there's darts just under the boob, it can give a nice look with the boobs contained, and what 'looks' like a slim tummy (though I definitely have a tummy that needs hidden at the moment).

Does that make sense?
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    also, my flatmate is an H cup. from (covertly, i would NEVER comment on it) observing her, i can tell you that 1) a properly fitting bra will make a world of difference, and is worth every cent, and b) stretch fabrics are your friend
  • rwolfenden
    rwolfenden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'm breastfeeding, so what was once a slightly manageable situation is now outta control!

...sigh....
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Definitely try different necklines! I'm only a C (sometimes D depending on brand) but I do find I look I look heavier and bulkier when I wear regular T-shirts - the ones with the simple round collar sitting right at the neck. I've found V-necks and boat-necks and florentine necklines make me look like I've lost 10 pounds and a cupsize instantly. I think because they make the neck look longer and break up the torso a bit.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Definitely try different necklines! I'm only a C (sometimes D depending on brand) but I do find I look I look heavier and bulkier when I wear regular T-shirts - the ones with the simple round collar sitting right at the neck. I've found V-necks and boat-necks and florentine necklines make me look like I've lost 10 pounds and a cupsize instantly. I think because they make the neck look longer and break up the torso a bit.

Also...

...Unless you want to make your boobs look even bigger... Avoid horizontal striped tops.

Though I guess if you've got it and want to flaunt it - striped top is the way to do it! Lol!
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You definitely have to dress around them.. Mine are H and I have to choose wisely. Certain necklines make them look like they start at my chin, others make them look like they take up my entire torso. Empire lines help, as do vnecks ...
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I was a J cup, now an E (I am so happy about this). I never wear button up shirts, always spend more on my bras than any other items of clothing (good scaffolding is important), and love jersey fabric (no gaping and does not have to make you look like you have no waiste line). I am also still very careful to avoid plunging knecklines.
  • bluebell88xx
    bluebell88xx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have this problem , sometimes I feel self concious and wear baggy tops which make me look like a heffer. Sometimes I don't give a crap and show them off, depends on my mood haha
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I agree with neclkines being important. I NEVER wear proper tshirts... always one with a v-neck. Best way to go. :)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    V-necks & tops that can be tied in the back/worn with belt around the waist are best. I know for me sometimes I buy shirts a size bigger to fit the boobies but then they look like they're hanging on me and don't show my figure. So then you gotta work with that. Definitely start off with buying the right size bra. :)
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    Yes, the bra will help, and try on lots of different styles of tops. I totally get the previous post about button-downs, they always spread apart! I also feel like a heffer when the boobs take over an outfit
    < DD (down to a D now) cup, although my sports bra is squishing me big time in this photo!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with everyone. I like Bali Minimizer bras. They at least do a little damage control when it comes to the girls' size. I also have to agree with the V-neck comment. I definitely look better in V-necks vs. a rounded. Absolutely NO stripes. I also don't wear button-up shirts because 1) if the shirt fits the boobs, it's way too big otherwise; and 2) most of the time there are gaps between the buttons, resulting in the need for safety pins.

I would say the first place to start is to go get fitted for a good bra and then dress from there. Try on a lot if different styles of shirts. Just because something doesn't look like your style on the hanger doesn't mean that it won't flatter you in all the right places.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I'll never, ever, have this problem... *Sigh*

Good luck! :)
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I feel like my boobs make me look much heavier than I am, and most shirts look awful on me. Any one else have this problem?

Don't tell anyone, but I've found that my best fitting tops are maternity.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to have them, went from a D to a B, sad sad.............the weight loss took them away!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am in the same club as you .. and I don't have a small waist.. which makes the whole tie back thing on a shirt not an option. However, I NEVER wear anything with a Square neckline. AND, patterns are your friend (though, I agree with others... no horizontal stripes). Also, to jump on the bandwagon- do invest in a good bra. Mine are $80 each (or more).. and I love mine. I don't love the cost.. but, find I really have no option to invest.

Oh.. and pay attention to the padding. While it may seem the opposite of what you want-- a little padding is good. WHY? you say? I really really hate it when people comment on how you can tell the temperature by my ta-tas !! Something to think about.. ;)
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but do the bigger frame ladies (like myself) notice that you don't feel colder temperatures like our slimmer counterparts?

I find that work colleagues at work feel cold temps more than me. I'm a size 16 (Australian). Do you think it has to do with extra padding?