Which of these people do you see at your gym?

Options
DMZ_1
DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
And also, do you happen to be one of these people? Article below.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8299651/regulars-gym

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    None of them :).

I hike in the woods and swim in the river.

Gym is too far away, I live in the country.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This is funny, good one -

This is who's at my gym!

Gallon Jug of Water Guy. He takes it with him to every station he goes to, along with his beach towel and remarkable hair shirt. He sweats like a priest in a bordello, leaving small ponds of goop on every bench. Sadly, the towel is applied only to himself.

On the Way to Work Stripper. She has just 20 minutes to get in some sit-ups and power lunges before her shift at Cheerleaders. These are also the 20 minutes when more cumulative weight gets lifted by males than the rest of the day combined. It's no use, of course. Her boyfriend is Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude.

I go to 2 different gyms.

Planet Fitness - so there's no big muscle, grunting guys, thank God. Mostly old people in the morning. Then I go to Choice Fitness - a better gym with more hott men and women - more grunting and barbie doll types! Depends on my mood and who I am with, where I go that day.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am turning into the female version of double-parked man :embarassed:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I am none of these! However there are a selection of the others there.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Amazingly, I don't see any of those guys at my gym.

I'm the..."chick who uses intervals for 30 mins who thinks she's doing a good workout but really is making do with not much":.

I see plenty of the "I'm hot, I lift because I don't need cardio, I'm awesome" guys.

There's some mighty hunky tatooed lifting guys. I really need to get back to the gym more. :love:
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    Options
    Grunters who drop weights and people (men and women, but normally it's men) who 'hog' the machines ... sometimes people just sit on the machines and use their mobiles and actually don't use the machined - they're not breaking between sets! Also some girls who go on the machines and don't bother to use them properly, do tiny bits of 'work' but it's not even slightly strenuous.
  • bitter_sentiment
    bitter_sentiment Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    there are so many of the grunters dropping weights at my gym!! they drive me insane!

just for the record boys, us girls work just as hard while we're at the gym but you don't see us grunting and making a big deal out of it. toughen and shut up and stop drawing attention to yourselves!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am none of those, but definitely see a few at my gym: Gallon Jug of Water Guy, Barbie Ball Babe, Unlimited Minutes Gal, 1986 Man. Yep...all those wonderful people go to my gym.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Whew! I expected to see myself in that article:

Yoga Mom--has never seen 95% of the gym, and only goes to the nursery and the yoga room. Easily identified by total lack of athletic footwear.

I've never gotten a hint of judgment from anyone at the gym, but I do feel a little like a poser sometimes. But it's the only place in town that has evenings/weekends yoga with child care.

*ETA: I did branch out a bit recently and took a couple water aerobics classes...I was the only non-senior citizen there.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This is funny, good one -

This is who's at my gym!

Gallon Jug of Water Guy. He takes it with him to every station he goes to, along with his beach towel and remarkable hair shirt. He sweats like a priest in a bordello, leaving small ponds of goop on every bench. Sadly, the towel is applied only to himself.

On the Way to Work Stripper. She has just 20 minutes to get in some sit-ups and power lunges before her shift at Cheerleaders. These are also the 20 minutes when more cumulative weight gets lifted by males than the rest of the day combined. It's no use, of course. Her boyfriend is Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude.

I go to 2 different gyms.

Planet Fitness - so there's no big muscle, grunting guys, thank God. Mostly old people in the morning. Then I go to Choice Fitness - a better gym with more hott men and women - more grunting and barbie doll types! Depends on my mood and who I am with, where I go that day.

When I went to a gym, this is what I ran into most often. LOL

I failed to see my category "sweating too much kind of sloppy girl". I go in with a jacked up looking pony tail and whatever is comfortable and no make up on. I don't talk to anyone. I sweat too much and end up with big sweat spots on my clothing in awkward places. BUT... since my booty sweats, I DO clean it off the machines because... well if you don't that's just nasty. LOL
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I had double-parked guy commenting on my form the other day. He's so freaking hyper.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I belong to two different gyms, so I've seen just about all of them with the exception of:

-Unnecessarily Nude Chatty Guy (I get something similar though in the female locker room.... less prunes and more T and A)

-Tour de France Lance

-On the Way to Work Stripper

..And sadly I'm neither of these people...yet. lol
  • firefly_
    Options
    I have never understood the purpose of making fun of others..weird huh
  • xrandi
    xrandi Posts: 11
    Options
    Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude is the only one I've seen, but I live in a small place.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options

So... no sense of humor guy. Got it.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

-Tour de France Lance

This actually made me LOL properly. :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Unlimited Minutes Gal is half the reason I stopped going to the gym and just bought myself an elliptical and some weights.

Unlimited Minutes Gal can sometimes morph into Bookend BFFs...those chicks who get on the machines on either side of you and talk OVER you. To each other. Happened so many freaking times to me. I don't get people who go to the gym and want to chat. I want to, you know, work out!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't know which of these people goes to my gym. I stopped paying attention to people at the gym after I saw a healthy girl deadlifting four pounds. I realized it was the stupidest thing I ever could or would see in the gym, and that there was no point in peoplewatching after that.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chest, Arms and Neck guy is a frequent flyer at my gym! We have a separate weights gym next to where exercise classes are held and waiting for a class is always an education in how NOT to do weights......so many guys going in with tiny, tiny, little sparrow legs and then no neck as their shoulders just kinda morph into their chin due to the copious amounts of muscle. Dude, soooo not sexy!

The droppers are there, too! The cardio gym has some weights upstairs and I HATE it when people drop weights up there 'cause you literally think they're going to come through the ceiling and kill you on your bike! Lol.

Tour de France Lance was in the other day, actually. I tend to prefer classes to the gym but the gym fits my timetable better sometimes and although I love the treadmill, dodgy knees rule it out quite often so I tend to go on the bike most of the time. But I go on the bike for at least half an hour, but usually an hour and don't kill myself up at the highest resistance but usually go for a moderate resistance and try to keep up a good pace. So, I comes in and sits on a bike the other day and this woman comes in and goes on the bike next to me wearing a cycling top, cycling shorts and cycling gloves. So I was like, "ok, fair enough, maybe she's really into her cycling". She starts working out and she's going at a reasonable pace, about the same speed as I was pedalling and I was in my zone so wasn't bothering with her. But then she starts grunting and heavy breathing and moaning like she's travelling up the alps, so out of interest I had a peek at her resistance level......set at the lowest level. I was like hmmm, ok. She spent 5 minutes on the bike and then left the gym. I did have to smirk a little to myself. I mean, why draw attention to yourself by making all that noise and coming in dressed like an Olympic track cyclist to produce a workout like that? Ah, some people.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

So... no sense of humor guy. Got it.

Make that "no sense of humor 'person'" since they do come in both genders! And then there's the "way too serious forum posters", one of which will probably report this to the mod and get me kicked off! LOL After all, this is the "Chit-Chat, fun and games" board, isn't it?? Seriously, though, I usually don't pay much attention to others at the gym unless they're extreme in some way and can't help but be noticed. I would never make fun of someone's physical condition or the fact that they're not dressed like the gals or guys on the fitness videos. I wear whatever is comfortable, and sometimes I'm guilty of wearing my jeans to walk on the treadmill when I only have 20 or 30 minutes to get in a workout. Hey, at least it's doing something, right?