When do you decide...

Options
GretchenReine
GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
That you're succeeding? When do you decide to post here? Under SUCCESS STORIES? I've thought about it but always thought I was being a bit silly. So...I never do...until now. I'm fairly certain that I can say I'm succeeding.

I have had many NSVs and many BASVs (Big *kitten* Scale Victory) as well.

I started out walking around the block at lunchtime. I now do an hour on the treadmill almost every day of the week and I do 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning at least a few times a week.

I started out with a BMI of 45.1 (in September, 2011) and have a BMI of 29.9 as of this morning. I've gone from Morbidly Obese to Overweight. I have NEVER been overweight.

My thighs no longer rub together. Pantyhose are multiple use...not disposable. The friction from my thighs rubbing is no longer a forest fire threat!

I've gone from walking 5Ks to walking/jogging them in intervals working on my time with the intention of one day running one from start to finish.

I've gone from shopping at the Avenue and Catherine's (being too big for Lane Bryant) to picking up clothes off the rack and at least having an idea that it'll fit. I went into Dress Barn and went to the Women's side only to have the woman tell me that I was in the wrong part of the store. Clearly she didn't see me. Poor thing needed new glasses.

I've gone from dreading going out and doing things because it involved moving...to making plans to go out with my children to the zoo and amusement parks as often as we can because I absolutely love being active and doing new things.

I've gone from not being able to ride roller coasters at all...to being able to ride in any damn seat that I want. I don't even need the "modified" ones.

I've gone from eating multiple servings of desserts to being addicted to my salad and the wonderful Caesar vinaigrette that we found at BJs.

I've gone from avoiding mirrors at all costs to actually looking at myself and admiring my hard work!

I've gone from being down on myself to actually being proud and loving myself. I have never loved myself. I didn't even like myself.

I've gone from being 30.25 pounds and dreading stepping on the scale to being 202.6 pounds and being excited with each new goal I achieve.

Most importantly...My confidence has improved by leaps and bounds.

I've gone from walking while looking down at the ground so I didn't see the disapproving and downright disgusted looks...to walking with my head held high and a huge smile on my face because I've worked my *kitten* off to achieve where I'm at now.

I've gone from walking behind the people I'm out with (husband, family, friends) because I was ashamed for them to have to be with me. To making sure that I was walking next to them because I was there with them and they chose to be with me.

I still have a ways to go. I have weight to lose. I have goals to achieve. I have ONEderland literally right around the corner. But I'm sure I will reach each and every one. Failure is not an option. I will continue to improve my eating habits. I will continue to log my food. I will continue to exercise and log it. I will continue to train to run. I will conquer a 5K. Maybe I'll even go on from there to a 10K or something. Who knows. All I know is that I am capable of doing anything that I want. I will do whatever I want. I will push myself to continue to improve.

I'm thankful for my husband and son and the rest of my family. I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my MFPeeps. Without these people I wouldn't be here.

I'm nowhere near my goal. But I can safely say that I know I'm succeeding! I'm kicking butt! I'm rocking this whole healthy lifestyle thing!

I'M SUCCEEDING!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That is DEFINITELY a success story!! Congrats on all your progress. Very motivating.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a success! To me, you are a success from the moment you decide that you are worth it, and will not give up on yourself.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    :love:
  • dkeith1070
    Options
    I love seeing this transformation! It is wonderful watching your Outward physical beauty start to mirror the Internal Beauty that I fell in love with 17 1/2 years ago! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you and love you with all my heart! Great post!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :smooched::heart:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    That is DEFINITELY a success story!! Congrats on all your progress. Very motivating.

Thank you so much!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    You are definitely a success! To me, you are a success from the moment you decide that you are worth it, and will not give up on yourself.

Thanks so much! I think that's a great way of looking at it!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I love seeing this transformation! It is wonderful watching your Outward physical beauty start to mirror the Internal Beauty that I fell in love with 17 1/2 years ago! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you and love you with all my heart! Great post!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :smooched::heart:

I wouldn't be doing this without you sweetheart! I love seeing the woman that you fell in love with 17 1/2 years ago! I love you with all of my heart!!!
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are a huge inspiration to me! Congrats!!!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Way to go. :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    You are a huge inspiration to me! Congrats!!!

Thank you so much!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Way to go. :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • uscgirl1991
    uscgirl1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know its an emotional time of the month for me, but I am not a cryer and I have totally filled up - so fabulous to hear all of your successes...congratulations on finding yourself. You are truly an inspiration.
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posing this. You are definitely a success and an inspiration. Thank you for reminding me that the journey is just as important as the destination.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!!!:flowerforyou:

I've often felt the same way and had to focus on the same things to remember that I've come a long way baby!

Best wishes for your continued success on this lifestyle change/weigh loss journey. :happy:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!
  • almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post Gret. I know it's been a long hard journey for you, and I am so proud to see how far you have come. Your determination has motivated me and several others in the family, and it's appreciated. I am so excited to see our family making these life changes together, rather than gatherings with as many wonderful baked goods as possible, we're pulling out our measuring cups and calculating our calories. I bet you never would've imagined that happening years ago, I know I didn't. Keep up the good work and you will meet every goal you set for yourself. You will always have my support, and I know you have from the rest of the family, your friends, and our MFPeeps. It's also wonderful that you have such a fantastic support system at home. Kudo's to David & Marcus for not only supporting you, but by joining you on your journey. They rock! Love you, and I'm looking forward to you reaching your next goal.....onederland!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I know its an emotional time of the month for me, but I am not a cryer and I have totally filled up - so fabulous to hear all of your successes...congratulations on finding yourself. You are truly an inspiration.

Awwww thank you! Sorry for making you cry!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've gone from walking behind the people I'm out with (husband, family, friends) because I was ashamed for them to have to be with me. To making sure that I was walking next to them because I was there with them and they chose to be with me.

It's a shame that you (OP) felt the need to walk behind your man while you were at your heaviest when it seems so clear from his post that he has chosen to be with you all along! :heart: Sounds like you've found yourself a good one!

Congratulations on the many victories you've had already and all the victories on the horizon as well!

Keep up the great work!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Thank you for posing this. You are definitely a success and an inspiration. Thank you for reminding me that the journey is just as important as the destination.

Thank you so much! I think remembering that is what made it work this time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!