Older, fat, nurse looking for friends for health journey

Options

Replies

• julied6
    julied6 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just started posting on MFP! I'm 42 and an RN at a ridiculously busy Cardiology office. We get lunch everyday care of drug reps and they bring the most unhealthy lunches. I've started to bring my own because I need to lose about 30 pounds. Would love to connect with other nurses to help stay motivated. I have no 'friends' on MFP yet!! :happy:
  • JaziH
    JaziH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LPN of 3 years (working on my bridge to RN now), Looking for friends to help support me and get support from me during our weight loss journeys. I figure nurses are a good place to start because we are so darn dependable !:happy:
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ER nurse here feel free to add me!
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a registered nurse house supervisor for a psychiatric hospital. I have more than 100 pounds to lose and i am 29 :-) Any nurses or nurses to be can add me. I am also going to college for my masters in nursing and psychiatric nurse practitioner license.
  • suzanneyang8
    Options
    Night shift NICU RN. Feel free to add me.
  • catsplan1
    catsplan1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Home Health Nurse who just turned 50! WHAT HAPPENED?? How can I instruct my patients on lifestyle changes when I need it to?? Tired of putting everyone else first all of the time. This year is for ME!
  • StephsMotivated
    Options
    I'm a night shift travel nurse working in the neonatal ICU and adult ICU. I have been out of the gym for a quite a while, and with an Italian boyfriend that loves to feed me delicious food, I have gotten lazy and out of shape. Let's get back in shape together! All of you may feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. Lunch breaks can be rare at times and as for finishing on time at the end of the day, well that seldom every happens!! The joys of working as a community nurse!!

I'm 49 and ideally would like to lose 15 -20lbs but would settle for even just losing something!! I have been on this site for a few months now but not managing to shift my surplus pounds. September will hopefully be the month that the scales finally go in a downward direction! I've certainly lost my motivation and commitment this last month but fortunately without any weight gain which I suppose I should be grateful for!!

Good luck everyone and hopefully we all be looking better in our nursing uniforms or working clothes!!
  • JBDaniel08
    JBDaniel08 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for friends to join me on my journey. At this point I have just my mother. I am finding that the encouragement and people surrounding me that have the same goals is keeping me on track. If you want to friend me that would be great!

Jamie
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Please add me!! 30 year old critical care nurse who works nights and just seems to get fatter every year. My back always hurts and I know I need to get fit before its too late. We put everyone else first and ourselves last and it's time to change that!
  • DRNESTER
    DRNESTER Posts: 32
    Options
    Im very active on here and love helping support ppl with their healthy lifestyles...=) Add me if youd like
  • sarahserialdieter
    sarahserialdieter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    41 year old Hospice nurse here. Determined to lose the weight this time! We always have lots of temptation on the ward, chocolate cakes, biscuits and I am determined to be strong.
    Anyone can add me!
  • alykaye05
    alykaye05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a nursing student working on getting healthy again! add me if you like! I have a good 50-60lbs to lose. :)
  • bellabutton1
    Options
    Emergency Dept Nurse in East mids 37, 12 hrs night and day shifts, a lot of weight to loose, feel free to add me:smile:
  • tryeye
    tryeye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a chubby nurse too!!!!! Lets motivate each other!!
  • tryeye
    tryeye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HEY 35 yr old ER nurse here from CT!! : ) I hve 15lbs to lose... I work nights- lots of 12s! Love to hear from you!
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    ItsFinallyHappening Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, but I'm 54 years old with 137 pounds to lose and if I don't get on this you nurses will be working on me. So work on keeping me motivated with you so you don't have to work on me in the hospital! Friend me!
  • Louiseking1
    Louiseking1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips 58 hope its not to late:heart::heart:
  • Werner1950
    Werner1950 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ... I tend to put others first and have decided that I need to give myself some TLC now. I have lost 37 pounds but need to lose an additional 100 pounds...

Hey, you can still put others first by your self-care. You are going to serve them much more efficiently by reaching your goals. :) Feel free to add me..
  • shaversd
    shaversd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 52 yo hemodialysis nurse that needs to lose at least 100 lbs. and would love to join this journey with all of you.