My fatherly duty.

Options
TheFinalThird
TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
We have four sons. Three are in their early 20's and then there's Jake, who's 12 going on 28. Last night, my wife announced to me that this morning, she was taking Jake to the neighborhood park to meet a friend so they could hang out. I assumed it was one of his baseball buddies. "Nope, it's a GIRL," she added. Until this morning, Jake had shown as much interest in girls as I have in opera. Anyway, I was sitting here catching up on email and Lisa and Jake were headed for the door. Jake said, "see ya later, Dad," and gave me a kiss. As he was about to move away, I grabbed his forearm, pulled him close to me so we could have a "man to man moment" and said, "Jake, you do have condoms, right?" His face immediately flushed red and he got all flustered. He exclaimed, "Dad, I'm ONLY 12!!!" I laughed and told him I was kidding. He sure looked relieved. Welp, now that I've embarrassed my kid, I've done my fatherly duty for the morning. It's gonna be a great day!

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! We have a little girl, and ever since she was born, we're determined to become members of NRA, and always be cleaning a gun if/when she ever decides to bring a boy home.... I feel so sorry for our daughter when she becomes of age to date LOL
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    We have 2 daughters ourselves and one of them having blonde hair and blue eyes my hubby is already waiting at the door when a knock comes,unfortunately we also have a 11 year old boy who will probably be getting the same greeting when he starts dating! LOL love your story by the way made my morning!!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That is great. Love the story. Too funny.

Personally, my day isn't complete until I have gotten at least one "MOMMMM!!!!!:noway: " out of my daughter.

Just the other day I thought she was going to die when I asked a police officer if the dogs that work for the police get paid. It was a valid question that had popped into my head, and a police officer was there so I asked. It kills her when I do things like this.

SOOO much fun.:laugh:
  • TheFinalThird
    Options
    LOL!!!! We have a little girl, and ever since she was born, we're determined to become members of NRA, and always be cleaning a gun if/when she ever decides to bring a boy home.... I feel so sorry for our daughter when she becomes of age to date LOL

It is so funny that you should mention that. When I was 17 (more than 1/3 of a century ago... sigh) I dated a breathaking gal of German descent. Here parents were VERY old country and strict. For our high school graduation, I asked them whether I could take their daughter to an amusement park in a neighboring state. They said yes, but that she MUST be home by 1am. No excuses. Well, my best friend Mark drove, and on the way home, we got a flat tire. It was 1:35am by the time we reached her front door. She warned me that her father did have guns (which I already knew, because he told me). I walked her up the front steps CERTAIN I was going to meet my maker. Her mother was fast asleep in front of the television and her father was sitting at the kitchen table reading and drinking coffee. I explained what happened and was ready to beg for my life. He said, "I figured it was something like that. We know you are a responsible young man and would take care of our daughter." I have NEVER forgotten that.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    cant wait to read more..usually i am the one embarassed from my 3 boys..2 of them my sons, the other is my hubby :wink: :laugh:
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Funny! I remember I used to ask my youngest sister if she wanted any condoms when she was with her boyfriend. She told me they "weren't doing that"... then she got pregnant :/

Of course, she was 17, not 12!!! :ohwell:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    That's awesome.
    He's a lucky kid!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote...especially since having a daughter -

"Guns dont kill people, fathers with pretty daughters do"

I have this hanging at my desk at work!
  • plmtrprsn
    plmtrprsn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Our daughter just turned thirteen last spring. We were at a sunken island in the middle of the lake one Saturday and she started running through thigh deep water (chasing her younger borther). Her long hair was blowing in the wind and she was wearing her two piece green camo tankini. My husband muttered under his breath "oh no". I turned to him "What?". He said "Look, it's a scene out of 10." (For you youngsters, an older movie with Bo Derek - look it up.) I think that was the moment he realized those gun cleaning on the porch days are rapidly approaching!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My favorite quote...especially since having a daughter -

"Guns dont kill people, fathers with pretty daughters do"

I have this hanging at my desk at work!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My teenage daughter had her boyfriend over and they were watching Netflix on our TV. She asked me what a good scary show was. Without missing a beat I said "16 and Pregnant scares the hell out of me."
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    my son is almost 8, my daughter is almost 4. I am NOT looking forward to the day when he is 16 and his 16 year old friends are checking out my 12 year old daughter. I will be breaking legs!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    How rad would it have been if the kid winked and pulled out a 6-pack of Trojans?
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My teenage daughter had her boyfriend over and they were watching Netflix on our TV. She asked me what a good scary show was. Without missing a beat I said "16 and Pregnant scares the hell out of me."

That is hilarious! Sounds just like something my mom would have said.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Hahaha..love this!
  • TheFinalThird
    Options
    Welp, Jake learned his first lesson about women.... she didn't show up. Sigh. :brokenheart:
  • TheFinalThird
    Options

Outstanding! :laugh:
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    that was a cute story..thx for the laugh!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow what great parents you all are.
    I always did think my parents were out to annoy me. Now I know, if they are like you guys, they actually were. Just for the fun of it?
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, back in the day when cell phones came with suitcases and no one had one, and there were these things called payphones on every corner and in most buildings, I went on my first date. The nice young boy came to the door to pick me up. I introduced him to my parents.

As we were leaving, my father handed me a quarter and said, "Put this between your knees all night and if it falls out, pick it up and call home immediately." HOLY MORTIFIED! Needless to say, I never had a boy pick me up at home on my first date after that.