30 day SHRED Advice past, present, or future experience

Options
Hey guys,

I started the 30 day shred yesterday. So far loving it, but i mean it's only been a day.

Would LOVE some advice, success stories, and of course new friends so that we can motivate and support each other.

I would also love to hear of any awesome work outs you love the most, turbo fire, brazilian butt lift, etc.

Thank guys please add me and i will support and motivate you on the path to healthy, beautiful, body and life :)

Israelichick

Replies

• sammiebabie333
    sammiebabie333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I just started it two days ago also! It seems fun and I did notice that my legs are a little sore, which is great bc I know that means it did something. I am only using 3 lb weights, but I will increase to 5 lbs in a few days.
    She is so motivated when I want to quit I just look at her tummy and think... I want that! ;)

Good luck on your journey! I'm right behind you... About to do day 3 now!

Happy Saturday!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    After the first 10 days my knee was KILLING me, after some googling I noticed a pretty big tread with knee pain during the shred. So I trashed it and moved on to a few other videos.
  • israelichick
    Options
    Thanks for the support. So far I love it I used 5lb weight cause i didn't know where my 3lb weights were hahahaha but wow it was really hard there was a part where you side lung and hold the weights up at the same time I couldn't do it at all hahahaha. I was dying half way through but wow you are right there in front of me so now i know someone i can get advice from. YAY good luck
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just good old fashion exercises in a circuit. Makes me sweat like crazy and feel muscles I haven't in a long time.

I think people have to be smart and do what is right for them. I know I'm not advanced, so I try to stay between the beginner and advanced. I know my knees can be an issue, so sometimes I do girl pushups with a towel under them (because I'm on a yoga mat on a hardwood floor). And while I try to avoid it, sometimes I jump rope instead of another round of Jumping Jacks. So I'm still moving and still getting in cardio, but not hurting my knees so much. I actually had to speed up on jumping jacks from their pace... it just wasn't natural for me and my short legs, haha!

I'm finished with day 5 of level 1 using 3 lb weights thinking I should have done 5 lbs because the arm strength part is the easier part for me. I like it though I'm excited to be at the half way point for level 1. I stopped hurting after day 3, and now I can push myself more. Good Luck to you!
  • israelichick
    Options
    After the first 10 days my knee was KILLING me, after some googling I noticed a pretty big tread with knee pain during the shred. So I trashed it and moved on to a few other videos.

Thanks for the advice I will totally watch my knees and see if they start to bother me if so I know it is the video and not me so i will change it. Hope you had luck with other videos any good ones you could recommend ?
  • israelichick
    Options
    Honestly, it's just good old fashion exercises in a circuit. Makes me sweat like crazy and feel muscles I haven't in a long time.

I think people have to be smart and do what is right for them. I know I'm not advanced, so I try to stay between the beginner and advanced. I know my knees can be an issue, so sometimes I do girl pushups with a towel under them (because I'm on a yoga mat on a hardwood floor). And while I try to avoid it, sometimes I jump rope instead of another round of Jumping Jacks. So I'm still moving and still getting in cardio, but not hurting my knees so much. I actually had to speed up on jumping jacks from their pace... it just wasn't natural for me and my short legs, haha!

I'm finished with day 5 of level 1 using 3 lb weights thinking I should have done 5 lbs because the arm strength part is the easier part for me. I like it though I'm excited to be at the half way point for level 1. I stopped hurting after day 3, and now I can push myself more. Good Luck to you!

WOW that is awesome!!!! I am so happy for you 5 days is hard work. I am feeling the after effect from just one day. Thank you so much for all your advice. I do girl push ups too cause I just haven't built up the muscles in my arms yet.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm curious of the advice you receive; I'm looking to start this Sep 1. Based on past "threads" i've seen, the results have been PHENOMINAL!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred and have now been doing ripped in 30. I wasn't doing any exercise when I started 30ds and did that alone and lost 5lbs and 9 inches overall. I could see and feel the difference in my stomach and arms. It really does achieve great inch loss results!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Advice.. Do the whole 30 days and don't drop out. It's completely worth it. My knee was bothering me for about a week but I just went easier on lunges, etc. and took one day off in the whole 30.

Here's the link to my results post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Heres my question(i started shred yesterday)....if i wrk out 30 days stright ,how does that allow my body to regroup? when muscle tears it needs a break to rebuild,or so i thought,also have bad knee from being overweight 4 too long....kinds wanted to shed lbs,inches i can do all on my own w/ lots of dance....well,..i'll still git a try.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Heres my question(i started shred yesterday)....if i wrk out 30 days stright ,how does that allow my body to regroup? when muscle tears it needs a break to rebuild,or so i thought,also have bad knee from being overweight 4 too long....kinds wanted to shed lbs,inches i can do all on my own w/ lots of dance....well,..i'll still git a try.

Jillian Michaels actually recommends you only work out 5-6 days a week and have a rest day. Apparently the marketing people were the ones selling it as doing 30 days non stop. I have several rest days while doing it and still got great results.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    thank you sooo much!!,... i was gonna kill myself wrk out,heck even my "rest days i walk for 30-40 mins or dance i cant sit down!!!...got lbs to loose!!..lol.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options

You definitely don't have to do it 30 days straight. I did because I felt like it... But it's definitely important to get some rest when you feel the need.
  • israelichick
    Options
    Advice.. Do the whole 30 days and don't drop out. It's completely worth it. My knee was bothering me for about a week but I just went easier on lunges, etc. and took one day off in the whole 30.

Here's the link to my results post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683568-30-day-shred-results-photos

Wow you are incredible!!! Great job I will totally keep sticking to this work out routine thanks :)
  • morgansmom29
    morgansmom29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good to know you can get great results without doing it 30 days straight. I'm only on day 4 but I had to skip yesterday just to give my body some rest and I felt bad.
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i'm starting the 30 day shred too!

I started yesterday and am using 5lb and 8lb weights.
    After i get used to my new school and work schedule I'm going back to the 90 day body revolution that i started a month or two ago and lost 17lbs already!
  • israelichick
    Options
    I'm curious of the advice you receive; I'm looking to start this Sep 1. Based on past "threads" i've seen, the results have been PHENOMINAL!

I just finished day two so far i love it!!!! 20 min of butt kicking work out and it goes by soooo quick
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm on level 2. Yesterday was my 2nd day. OMG, it's rough, but seems to go a lot faster than Level 1. I'm actually not as sore as I hoped I'd be :(
    I'm going to be starting TurboFire on Monday. I hope to be able to continue the 30 DS in the mornings & TurboFire in the evenings. Wish me luck :)
  • BeyFit805
    BeyFit805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and I love it! Can't wait to see the final results. 27 days to go!
  • israelichick
    Options
    I'm on level 2. Yesterday was my 2nd day. OMG, it's rough, but seems to go a lot faster than Level 1. I'm actually not as sore as I hoped I'd be :(
    I'm going to be starting TurboFire on Monday. I hope to be able to continue the 30 DS in the mornings & TurboFire in the evenings. Wish me luck :)

wow you are crazy!!!! hahahahaha be careful that's a lot but holy crap if you can succeed you will be in the best shape ever!!!!!