Almond butter????

Options
Where do I buy this? Is it an acquired taste or is it actually good?? Any info is appreciated.

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I love almond butter! Its not like peanut butter and so might be an acquired taste but I liked it right away.
    I get mine in the health food section at my grocery store.
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Didn't think to look there......duh!! Thanks
  • jessi93423
    Options
    I think it tastes great if you like almonds you can get it at Trader Joe's or most health food stores or make it at home. Just put raw almonds in a food processor or blender with a little water and salt and blend till its as smooth as you want.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    FYI, I have heard great things about its taste and health benefits! Let us know how it is!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I got fresh ground almonds (which I guess is the same as almond butter) at Fresh Market. I prefer it with a little honey mixed in, but it's good on sweeter things (like raisin bread) without the honey.
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    Love it on an apple as a snack!! Whole Foods has it fresh in the bulk department. You grind as much as you need! No added oil or sugar, just fresh almonds ground up smooth! Delish!!!!
  • stella_star
    Options
    I love almond butter! And hazelnut butter! My local supermarkets aren't much good for unusual foods but most health food shops sell various nut butters.
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of almond butter. I buy mine at the health food store. I like it on apples or wasa crisps. Be sure to check the best before date when you buy it because it doesn't have a very long shelf life and store it in the fridge. I also recommend storing it upside down because it makes it much easier to use because it does separate and this way you also don't end up with no liquid left when you still have some almond stuff.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Big fan too! I think that Safeway carries it now. It's higher in calcium than peanut butter + has all of those good-for-you-help-you-lose-weight fats.
  • Najila
    Najila Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree with everyone above... I love almond butter too! I think it tastes much better than peanut butter. Not an acquired taste if you love almonds.

I found it in the regular peanut butter area at HEB - just on the top shelf with all the "gourmet" stuff. You don't have to buy it in the "need to stir" type either - that grosses me out a little when you open the jar and have to stir all the oils back in. They sell it in a plain creamy version that doesn't need stirring.