Coffee Lovers

Options

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'll keep the coffee; it's good for me. Forget the Splenda, or any other artificial sweetener. If I sweeten coffee it will be with natural, raw honey and not much.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will find different views on coffee.

I like it. I've been drinking for years. It works for me! :flowerforyou:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've read both as well, coffee is good / bad for u, and ignore both of them. 

I get migraines if I don't have at least a cup of coffee a day, especially in the morning. Most days it 2-3cups and that's me being good 

Like the other posters I just take it black to cut in the cal intake. 
  • scamacho7925
    Options
    How does Splenda make you gain weight? =s I always eat everything with Splenda and Truvia.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    How does Splenda make you gain weight? =s I always eat everything with Splenda and Truvia.

Some recent studies are showing that artificial sweeteners not only don't help weight loss, then can actually promote weight gain. Just do some research and you will find out all kinds of info, both for and against. If you think it's ok to eat, then keep eating it.

I don't care whether Splenda causes weight gain or not, it's not "safe" or healthy in my opinion and I will not eat it. Yup, they had probably the most successful ad campaign ever, but when a sugar molecule is chlorinated it is no longer sugar.

Even Truvia, I won't have the brand, and I even limit stevia. I'm not fond of the taste and I'm not sure, even though it's "natural", that it's meant to be eaten in large amounts.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I could not make it without my coffee every day!!
  • marilynnam
    Options
    If you drink coffee daily, I would suggest at least drinking an enriched cup of coffee, such as Gano Coffee. It has ganoderma lucidum extract in it which is known to prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, anti-thyroid, anti-bacterial, etc. Look up the benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum and check out the Gano Coffee www.myganocafe.com/1cupaday

Take care :)
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In answer to the splenda question...

Research has shown that using some sweeteners does cause the same hormonal reaction as actually having sugar, i.e. insulin spikes.

Namely Sodium Saccharin and Acesulfame K.

Aspartame and Sucralose have had tests and found no such insulin spiking.

It's mainly down to which sweetener you use.

Now obviously insulin spikes are not great, unless in certain situations - i.e. bodybuilders take advantage of insulin spikes to help shuttle creatine to the muscles without as much bloating.

But on the whole, insulin spikes are bad, mmmkay?

Insulin spiking causes your body to eat up all the glucose from your blood and quickly shuttle it to your muscles - and your body effectively shuts down on using fat as energy. It's why people advocate low GI diets - because foods with a high Glycaemic Index elevate insulin levels.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and have to have more than one cup a day lol xxx
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    atleast a pot a day and I will not give it up LOVE MY COFFEE :drinker:

You and I are on the SAME PAGE!!! I drink a vat of coffee a day. :drinker:

Yeah, what THEY said :happy: + I've learned to love iced black coffee w/ sugar free coconut or caramel syrup, stevia is another safe sweetener if you need to cut some cals!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    There is evidence pointing all directions on this topic. People say it's a diuretic, then others say it's not. People say it's bad, then others say it's good.

I believe with all my heart that this is one of those topics where you just do whatever you want. If you like it, and it makes you feel good, drink it. On the other hand, I know people that stopped drinking it, and said they felt better. So, just do what ever works. There is absolutely no concrete evidence one way or the other on coffee.

I would defintely stop splenda though. That stuff is poison.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee, drink it. I would not suggest having it with extra cream and sugar, because it's the added things that make people think coffee is not good for you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, Upgraded Coffee (www.upgradedcoffee.com) is delicious, especially when blended with Kerrygold butter and MCT oil. Every day. Every. Day.
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    coffee is a diuretic

The caffeine in the coffee is a diuretic
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Having a diuretic in itself isn't necessarily all bad considering the stimulant effect of coffee... As long as you are taking in extra water to counteract that diuretic effect.
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about coffee. I used to go to nutriologist back in 2007 when I was very overweight and lost 30 pounds. Anyways, she said I could drink decaf but just one cup per day with splenda. I read articles that say coffee is bad since it makes you gain weight then some say its good because it accelerates your metabolism. They even have 100% green bean coffee as dietary supplements. Does somebody know about this? I have become a coffee lover since I started interning full-time this past four months so I need to know the truth! hehe

I stopped drinking mochas. I rarely ever made coffee at home (the smell gives mt hubby a head ache) so I just gave up coffee in general. I started drinking Stash Black Chai Spice tea.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I drink 10 cups a day and have lost 23 lbs. Keep drinking! :bigsmile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of coffee with skim milk and no sugar or splenda a day. My nutritionist hasn't mentioned anything about it. So I am not worrying about it.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I make an iced coffee at home thats really good. My friends love them. Instant nescafe Tasters choice coffee and two tblsp sweetened condensed milk. water. I make it in a pint jar leaving about a forth for ice. My husband adds sugar but I think it's sweet enough as is. 110 cals. Totally worth everyone of em.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    coffee is a diuretic

The caffeine in the coffee is a diuretic

Only if you consume more than 6-700 mg caffeine a day. A grande americano coffee at starbucks is approx 200mg.