• StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't really like mayo or onions, so I usually do:
    1 can tuna
    1 stalk celery or half a pepper
    1 tbsp caesar salad dressing
    2 tbsp mild salsa

Put it on bread and melt some cheese on top. But if you have enough calories, you should make it whatever way you like it.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "Wonderful Tuna Salad" from _Eat Up, Slim Down_ cookbook by Prevention:

12 oz tuna in water, drained
    1/3cup plain, fat free yogurt
    4 oz drained, crushed pineapple
    1 celery stalk, chopped fine
    1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
    1/4 cup pecans, chopped
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

mix all together
    makes a nice grilled sandwich on a crusty bread...I like it on La Brea's walnut/raisin bread
  • 2rue
    2rue Posts: 2
    Options
    try a little mustard in it, with your other favorite ingredients - kicks it up a notch!
  • Reid4life
    Options
    Ok guys , thanks lol
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use store brand(any store) chunk light tuna. It tastes much better and is chunkier than the name brands. AND it is almost always lower in calories and sodium. I put 1-2 tbsp of real mayo (haven't switched to light mayo yet because I have been trying to finish off my HUGE jar), 1/8ish cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1-2tbsp of Wildtree Scampi Blend. Then I put it in a 1/2 pocket of Kangaroo Honey Whea Pita Pocket Bread with as much spinach as I can fit into it. Give me a very yummy and filling lunch for about 316 calories.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Try using Tzatziki instead of mayo. I use Cedar's brand.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    This totally made me want tuna! So I had some! I used 2tbs Sandwich Spread by Kraft, 1/8 c of reduced fat sharp shreeded cheese. A sprinkle freeze dried cilantro and that was all. Usually I add some onion powder or relish... and then I ate it on ritz crackers.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sort of amazed there is a whole thread on this...
    :/
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just put the tuna on the bread. If you like tuna and you like bread, I don't see the problem. I don't think most people actually like the taste of food. They prefer the taste of fat.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    1.) Open can of tuna
    2.) Grab spoon from sink - no need to wash, it's probably fine.
    3.) Shove tuna into mouth and chew until it is all gone

It's ok to cheat and chase with some water.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1.) Open can of tuna

Ha, ha. I do that too.
  • natashajones1986
    Options
    defos light salad cream and mix red onion with it and black pepper, low fat and tasty :)
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1.) Open can of tuna

Such a simple man
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I actually use apples for crunch and flavor. Greek yogurt and light mayo both hold it together nicely.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I turn my tin of tuna into tuna salad with 0% plain Greek yogurt, spicy pumpkin seeds, ½ cup cooked quinoa, Mrs Dash's no-salt lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper. Slap on a slice of Swiss cheese for even more protein and roll everything up in a low-carb tortilla. Eat and feel like a champion.
  • silkyrose691
    Options
    I use tuna in water,Mirclewhip,dill pickle relish,pepper. yum..and I eat it on wholewheat crackers .. they are lower in colories then bread..
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do a can of tuna (white albacore not that minced bits stuff) with a TBSP of light mayo, yellow mustard, chopped pickles and salt and pepper. If I'm out of mayo I do lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. I love tangy tuna salad!

There is also a brand of tuna preseasoned with lemon pepper that I love just straight out of the can on TJ's pita crackers or flatbread crackers. Yum!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mxv1
    mxv1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Make it like ceviche. Add lemon, cilantro, onions, tomatoes and salt. If you like it to have a little kick chop jalapenos.
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    subbing out the mayo for cottage cheese is good too... doesn't even need bread.