Quinoa recipies?

butterflylover527
butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
I keep seeing all these recipies for quinoa so I bought some and now I don't want to go back and look for all those recipies hahaha. Anyone have some good recipies?

Replies

• butterflylover527
    bump
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    bump:) I am interested:)
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    This is my go-to recipe for quinoa salad.

http://www.saveonfoods.com/colourful-quinoa-salad
  • butterflylover527
  • One of my favorite simple recipes is..I cook the quinoa according to the directions but add chicken bullion and half a package of frozen mixed vegetables, Also, I use the allrecipes site anytime I am looking for recipe, it looks like they have a good variety of recipes for quinoa.

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=quinoa&rt=r&origin=Home Page
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    me nd my brothers girlfriend made vegetarian paella with quinoa instead of rice once. that was really tasty! :D
  • butterflylover527
    Love those ideas :D
  • butterflylover527
    Bumping for more ideas!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Make sure to rinse it well before you cook it or it will taste like dirt.

I make mine plain, portion it out and add it to whatever sounds good. I will usually add it to my salads. It is also good cooked with any of your fave veggies. Garlic and onion are always my top seasoning choices.
  • butterflylover527
    Make sure to rinse it well before you cook it or it will taste like dirt.

I make mine plain, portion it out and add it to whatever sounds good. I will usually add it to my salads. It is also good cooked with any of your fave veggies. Garlic and onion are always my top seasoning choices.

Duely noted! Thanks!
  • thibk5
    thibk5 Posts: 40
    I keep some cooked and plain in my fridge. Then use it as cereal. I add skim milk, fruit and maybe a little sugar free jelly or syrup. Very good.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    use it anywhere you would rice, I make stuffed peppers with it, or make stirfry and serve over quinoa, my favorite way to eat it though is as a breakfast cereal. I add almond milk and some sweetner and eat warm, you could add dry fruit or anything really and eat like you would oatmeal.