cheese

Options
Do you eat it? What kind? Why or why not?

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    yes, mozzarella, provolone, sometimes cheddar--why? because it tastes good, it's high in cholesterol, and high in protein. i love all of those reasons!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and I eat it. Every. Single. Kind. I LOVE CHEESE.

Did I mention I love cheese?
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    If I could put cheese on everything, I would! I'm not eating as much of it as I used to but I have some at least once a day whether it's Philadelphia on toast or shredded on a stuffed pepper etc.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i live in wisconsin.......fresh cheese curds! beer flavored cheese! deep fried cheese! sausages filled with cheese.......cheese hats :)
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and eat it every day. I love a slice of Muenster on my turkey sandwich, and Colby-Jack goes with just about anything.

Since I've started trying to eat healthier though, I don't eat as much as I used to. I've been using 2% cheese lately.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and eat it every day. I love a slice of Muenster on my turkey sandwich, and Colby-Jack goes with just about anything.

Since I've started trying to eat healthier though, I don't eat as much as I used to. I've been using 2% cheese lately.

this makes me sad. :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. Smoked cheese is probably my favorite. I think the only cheese I dont eat is blue cheese. If I can cut the mold off that is fine but I do not like the taste. Unfortunately, I try to stay away because of the calories.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    i live in wisconsin.......fresh cheese curds! beer flavored cheese! deep fried cheese! sausages filled with cheese.......cheese hats :)

At a cheese factory, in Oregon, they have "squeeky cheese." It is sooooooooo good
  • HelloKittyMamacita
    Options
    YES! A little goes a long way. You can get the flavor without a lot of calories. No need to shun one of the greatest foods ever. ;)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I love cheese.

My favourites are mature cheddar, Philadelphia, bsbybel lights, Wensleydale, red Leicester, parmesan and sometimes I like a bit of Stilton
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    oh mostly definitely! My deli draw in the fridge as more cheese than meats.. lol I prefer old age swiss the best but do eat sharp cheddar or jalapeno cheddar.... I use shredded sharp cheddar (kraft brand) in my daily salads...
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    my two favorite foods..chicken and cheese. Together, it would be magnificent, but doesn't happen all the time. Currently eating fat free which I kinda dislike. Doesn't really taste like cheese. Reduced fat isn't too bad. Tastes more like cheese. Regular cheese = heavenly.

Also, never ate a kind of cheese I didn't like.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love cheese.
    Haven't really found one I didn't like.
    Favourites would be a sharp cheddar and brie.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Love cheese sticks for a snack - pepper jack is my favorite. Cottage cheese is great with tomatoes or fruit. Great in salads, too. Trying to stay away from American and anything even more processed...
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about an ounce a day lately, today i had 2 ounces lol...but yes, I eat cheese. It wouldn't be impossible to give up but I do like it. It makes some foods better. I usually eat shredded cheddar.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    LOVE CHEESE - I eat cheese every day....not as much as I used to though. Mini baby bell light is only 50 calories and sargento thin siced is great on sandwiches. I think I'll go have a cheese stick now!!!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do! Every day!

I really enjoy it, and if you choose cheeses with strong flavors you can get by with small servings. I generally use full-fat cheeses.

In my fridge right now:

-Extra Sharp cheddar (block)
    -Gorgonzola
    -Blue Cheese
    -Parmesan
    -Cabot 50/50 Shredded Cheddar
    -1% Cottage Cheese No Salt Added
  • snugautumn
    snugautumn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love cheese. I eat it almost every day. Almost every kind of cheese.:flowerforyou:
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I need to move to wisconsin!!! :drinker:
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Absolutely adore cheese, but I'm trying to keep it to 1-2 ounces a day. Which means I got rid of the cheese I used to drown my morning eggs in, and the cheese that went on my salads. Fresh vegetables taste better with vinaigrette anyway instead of drowning in ranch and cheese. Then you can actually taste the veggies lol.