Any 50+ out there?

Options
Hi There All,

This is my first post for a very long time - if at all? I have been an intermittent lurker. It's way past time to actually do something about my raging weight problem. I am from Australia, and just wondering if there are any 50 - 60's out there. - not necessarily from Oz.

Cheers
Lynley1

Replies

• dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    You took the most important step (you signed on). Keeping track of what you eat, and how much exercise you do (which by the way, allows you to eat more. It's called "eating back") is a great way to keep you in line. Good luck to you. If you have any questions ( I know some things, but I am not all knowing) just hit me up. I love to exercise (horses are my passion), and I love to manipulate my calories. I will literally spend an extra hour on my horse, or walk to my neighbor's hours (a half a mile away) just so I can eat a better dinner, or have a drink with my dinner. I use my phone, my computer, and my Ipad, to keep track of all I do and eat, and I lose weight. 10 years ago that was not possible. I was getting by by using a pen and a pad, and then transcribing to my computer spreadsheet at night. It was a lot of work, and I had a hard time keeping the weight off. This site will really help you. And yes, I am 50+ from the high desert in California, and feeling great.
  • xiomya
    xiomya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Over 50 here...feel free to add me.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    just hit the big 5-0 about a month ago.....add me if you'd like.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    55 now, you are welcome to add me if you wish
  • xxsuzexx
    xxsuzexx Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, I shall be 51 in about a months time, been on MFP for 90 days or so and finding it a great help, feel free to add me :o)
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    50+ here. :happy: Feel free to add me if you like.
  • phlyn
    phlyn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 61, am I too old!!
    Lost 3.8lb this week, my first success!
    I am low carbing.
    xx.
  • Dilite2
    Dilite2 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, I'm hitting the Big 50 in December, just trying to get a head start on shifting the weight. I'm in NZ - add me if you would like :smile:
  • texasfred
    texasfred Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    55 and glad to know there are people our age on this site! I just stated this site myself. I have been using another site for a couple of years but this one had more to offer and seems to be much better managed. I am here to control my diabetes more than anything, although I need weight lose probably more! Tracking everything I eat helps control the Glucose with a cool added benifit...weight lose. I lost 60 pounds last year! I have gain 20 back this year which is why I changed over to this site and added the Fitbit!

By the way, I live in Texas, USA.
  • annabell48
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 years young here dear. Feel free to add me to your Friends list as well.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    52 in less than a month. Feel free to add me. I think I have only one other 50+ friend. :-)
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    52 here! On a mission to lose about 50 lbs & be strong & healthy. I spend most of my summer walking the golf course and dabble in running & some lite weight training. My problem....I am a volume eater. It takes a LOT of food to make me feel satisfied...the trick is to choose the right foods! I'm trying not to obsess about the scale and to instead concentrate on being healthy & fit and let the pounds fall where they may.

Anyone can feel free to friend me. I try to be active on my friends feed. We can do it....one meal at a time!

Lori
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello..I just turned 58 a couple a weeks ago. I live in the U.S. but I work for a company that is based in Australia....not that it really matters....just thought it was interesting...feel free to add me to your friend list if you like
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am 53 here, 54 in November, been on and off MFP for about a year now, lost about 2 stone before I started on here but finding it difficult as I am an emotional eater, which I am also working on, am hoping that now I got the beachbody 10 min trainer that it will be easier to put exercise into my shift work, as I find it hard to stick to something also got a fitbit in July this year and that helps too, and use STTB on occasion when I have the house to myself and am not too tired from working to use it.....please feel free to add me too, you can never have enough friends especially ones in the same boat and I know without a doubt its much harder to lose weight when you get older....and shiftwork also for me at least makes it hard as there is little chance for a regular routine, before on my old pattern it was not too bad but now I am on a 27 week cycle its a bit crazy so really hopoing the 10 min trainer will help once I get a device which I need in my house to use the door attachment with......:wink:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    56 here. I've lost a total of 80 pounds in the last year. Trying to maintain now. You can add me if you like.
  • deo_volente
    Options
    51 years young and feeling more at peace now than any other time in my life! Staying committed by making a lifestyle change and not attempting to call this journey a diet. MFP (and technology) helps me consistently stay on track! Feel free to add me!
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I am pushing 60 in a week,Y'all can join our group Baby Boomers, all are in our age groups.
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 56 but feel fitter than I have for years thanks to exercise, diet and MFP. Feel free to add me to your Friends list. :)
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 54 and in the UK. I have lost a lot of weight over the last year with Overeaters Anonymous, one day and one meal at a time. I joined MFP recently to help me keep track of my portions and because I know that I want to lose the rest of the weight I cary to acheive a healthy body weight for the first time EVER in my life and even more importantly, maintain it. So I know I have to keep track!! I think this site is very sensible and there are a lot of nice people here and it is very easy to use too! Add me if you wish to, friends are good! :flowerforyou:
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    52 and living in Maine - been on MFP since spring - weight loss has been slow, but I am hanging in there. Feel free to add me