Snack suggestions

Options
I eat way too much fruit so am looking for other healthy snack suggestions!

Replies

• cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    vegetables :bigsmile:
  • lozfisher
    Options
    Do u mean just chomp on a carrot or anything more inspired ;-)
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like rice cakes, with a thin spread of margarine.
  • CiaraMSavage
    Options
    I was exactly the same...here are some suggestions from a boot camp I went to, we had 2 snacks a day

1 small apple & 2walnuts
    10 almonds
    3 dried apricots & 3 brazil nuts
    30g Edam & 1 small apple & a stick of chopped celery
    1 ryvita with half sliced avocado & squeeze lemon juice
    Thin corn cakes are also good, I pretend to myself that it's popcorn...
    Also Nakd bars...fruit & nuts smooshed together..they even have a cocoa one (all 100 cal or less)

Regards,
    Ciara
  • EmmaGilette
    EmmaGilette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia, so hope these suggestions will be relevant to you/your supermarket:

- rice cakes / kavali biscuits (option to add stuff - like Dalfour jam, Vegemite, low fat cheese/cottage cheese, tomato, avocado, etc)
    - low cal jelly
    - a few almonds (I usually take 10 almonds and 10g of sultanas to work everyday as my treat)
    - rice wheels (like chips, but healthier and low cal - can find in health food section of supermarket; they come pre-portioned)
    - carrot and 1 tbs hummus
    - yogurt or home-made frozen yoghurt (I use jalna fat free plain yoghurt and add stevia / agave and lemon rind...yum!)
    - roasted chickpeas
    - Special K muesli bars
    - stevia sugar free chocolate
    - tea / coffee (not really food, but often satisfies the cravings).
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egges, you can biol a few and have in the fridge for when you need to nibble. Quite nice on Crispbreads.

Philli cheese spread, nice with crackers and an apple.

If you just need something to fill the gap, oxo drink, and crackers to dunk.

Totilla wrap, with vegetable strips ( celery, pepper, corgette, lettuce, cucumber) use a little mayo and wrap.

Fruit chopped, add a little greek youghurt, sesame seed and sunfloer seed .

These can all be made up in five minutes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia, so hope these suggestions will be relevant to you/your supermarket:

- rice cakes / kavali biscuits (option to add stuff - like Dalfour jam, Vegemite, low fat cheese/cottage cheese, tomato, avocado, etc)
    - low cal jelly
    - a few almonds (I usually take 10 almonds and 10g of sultanas to work everyday as my treat)
    - rice wheels (like chips, but healthier and low cal - can find in health food section of supermarket; they come pre-portioned)
    - carrot and 1 tbs hummus
    - yogurt or home-made frozen yoghurt (I use jalna fat free plain yoghurt and add stevia / agave and lemon rind...yum!)
    - roasted chickpeas
    - Special K muesli bars
    - stevia sugar free chocolate
    - tea / coffee (not really food, but often satisfies the cravings).

peanut butter and wasa crackers' good for einer omfort food
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    apples and cheese
    nuts and dried fruit
    Aldi's Fit and Active brand is awesome!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Salted pistacios, hard boiled eggs, a small piece of dark chocolate ;)
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    carrot fries, rice cakes w/ peanut butter spread, veggies & guacamole/hummus, string cheese, almonds, strawberries, pistachios, dark chocolate (in-moderation).....
  • prdfthrof2
    Options
    You can never go wrong with fruit other than the high amounts of sugars in some of them. I always advise my clients to eat granola bars or even dried fruit. You get all the same nutrients and almost NO sugar once its dried.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My most common snacks are: an ounce or two of Boar's Head no salt added sliced turkey breast, lowfat string cheese, Kashi Go Lean chocolate caramel protein & fiber bar, Wasa light rye crispbread smeared w/ ricotta, almonds (I like the Blue Diamond flavored oven roasted almonds), and yogurt with fresh berries mixed in.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Handful of nuts
    Popcorn home made... lots of fiber!