I blew it!

Options
Ugh, I totally fell off the weight loss wagon and spent the past two days eating and drinking with abandon. Anyone have any words of encouragement and/or wisdom to help me get back on track this lovely Sunday morning?

Replies

• justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I totally fell off the weight loss wagon and spent the past two days eating and drinking with abandon. Anyone have any words of encouragement and/or wisdom to help me get back on track this lovely Sunday morning?
    I know the feeling...
    ... But remember - today is a new day!!!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ditto. :(
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

So you had a few great days of just letting go! Everyone has them now and then and everyone deserves them too. Of course, you have a goal to achieve and you want toget there. You haven't blown anything, just had a small unplanned "Break".. Don't feel guilty for it but get back on to the program and enjoy achieving what you want. If the weather is nice, do some retain therapy and then go home and make something low calorie but yummy: homemade food on a Sunday is after all just plain fab!

So...don't beat yourself up! But think about what you want to achieve and focus on it...another day, another chance!
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did that for a year and a half and gained back 100lbs. I wish I had only let it last for two days. But today is a new day. One day at a time.
  • Dianne1
    Dianne1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We all blow it once in awhile....just move on from it and get back on track.
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The joys of being human... We all do it! Just pick up where you left off - nobody is judging you x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    A bad couple of days is not the be all and end all. It's a lifestyle change and now and then things get in the way, as long as you don't do it too often and you jump right back in, its all good! X
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    you didn't blow your whole life, you blew two days, and guess what? tomorrow's a new one!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    We all have blown it - but there is a reason, you need to find it. Be sure to schedule your exercise and logging. You can use the calendar on your phone or Google Calendar. The reminders really help to stay on track!
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    IT'S A NEW DAY!!!! Don't focus on what you've done the past two days, just regroup today and remind yourself why you are on the journey. It happens to all of us, we have weaknesses, but what matters most is how we deal with them and move on......and drink lots of water!!
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    you didn't blow your whole life, you blew two days, and guess what? tomorrow's a new one!

^this^! :happy:
  • CandiQueen
    Options
    The way I look at it is, when you have a weight loss goal you want to achieve and fall off the wagon for a few days no matter what you are still in a better position then if you never tried at all. You are still healthier and still in better shape than you were before you started your journey. So although you had a slip up you are not back to square one, you are still doing great and today is a new day with better motivation. Even if you slip up once a week or twice a month it is still better than doing nothing at all and eventually it will get better.

I was on a great weight loss journey and was only 3 lbs away from my goal weight when I found out I was pregnant, which is a great joy but difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that I would have to be gaining weight again. I don't look at it as a step back though because I am still healthier and the weight will come off eventually, just a short break. Breaks aren't failures, they are what make us human and if we don't take breaks now and again we might not be happy and isn't that why we all want to be healthier in the first place, to improve our lives and our happiness?

You're doing great, don't beat yourself up.
  • sacrane4
    Options
    Good Morning....go for a long walk! Clear your head and keep going.:flowerforyou:
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    This prompted me to ask for advise before i do this. Going to visit my granddaughters soon. We tend to eat out a lot. I have a bad knee and use a stationary bike for exercise... Concerned about temtations eating out and not being able to exercise... Words of wisdom for me?
  • Bidiebee63
    Bidiebee63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dont worry I blew it too......
    Every morning when you wake up you have 2 choices... U can either wake up stressing about your worries from yesterday or you can wake up with a clear focus to put them behind you and move forward. Everyday you are given the opportunity to celebrate being YOU.. You are worth your love and acceptance more than anyone in this world.. Have a healthy and happy day xx
  • _quirky_girl_
    _quirky_girl_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thank you all so much! Where have you been all my life?! :smile:
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    A couple of days, if you've realised that you've lapsed, won't hurt you. I've heard it said often "you didn't put the weight on overnight and you won't lose it overnight either" - think of that in reverse. If you've been losing, and seeing results, a few days 'rest' won't put you back. You just need to keep your goals in sight and pick up where you left off (:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Just start eating on your food plan and forget about what already happened.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a thread here recently and I really liked it...

I didn't say it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it"

I LOVE this and I thought you may find some strength in it. :drinker:
  • rsdisney
    rsdisney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a day that they wish they could take back. Sometimes you need to just splurge. Just have to re set your mind that you can do this and get back on the wagon.
    The thing that helps me, think of what you want to look like and keep a mental image in your mind...anytime you want to go off the wagon, think about your goal and how much you want to achieve it.

I think the thing that helped me the most was my daughter seeing a old wedding pic of me and asking who that was...she could not believe I was once that skinny. That day, I set my goal and I am working at it every day. I dont want to me that skinny again but, I want to get close.

Hope this helps.