Any 50+ out there?

Options

Replies

• browe021953
    Options
    I am 59. The weight is not coming off very fast... I have been hiking several times a week above 9000 feet and playing tennis. Now back to work. Even so, with writing down all consumed, I have lost 5 pounds and still have another 20 to go to be down where I would like to be. I, too, am working to get the cholesterol down. Are you taking fish oil and vitamin D? Fish oil is good for the triglycerides and also for arthritis. Vitamin D (5000) is great for mental health and keeping bones dense. I have felt a lot better with both.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 (I am??) from the UK. I belong to '50+, Fabulous And Fit' group- that may suit you too?
    Feel free to add me
    Sue
  • Terry_3232
    Options
    Just started myself 3 weeks ago. This is my first post but just reading all the others has been helping me to stay motivated. You can add me too. I am officially in the over 50 group also.

Terry
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Lyn

Well done for joining up!

I'm 60 from the UK, feel free to add me too

Di
    :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I just turned 51. :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    yes, lol
  • maditwo
    maditwo Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 69 and just joined today, and a gym yesterday. I hope to improve my strength and balance with a combination of improved diet and exercise.
  • lelataylor
    Options
    I'm 51 and have about 50 pounds to loose - just recently signed back on to this site but so far... not having a whole lot of luck in loosing! Feel free to add me too!
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Over 50 here! :smile: Send me a friend request if you wish. 50 is the new 30. LOL!
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and having been using MFP off and on for about a year. Became real serious regarding my health, eating habits, weight loss, and blood sugars within the last few months. Feel free to add me - again, you can never have enough friends to help support you along your journey!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    62 and from the UK was going well (thanks MFP) and then a big change of life came along and I put on 3kg in a week. I need to get some structure back into my life. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I am 53! It is definitely harder to lose weight now....but it is slowly budging.
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thanks for the topic! 53, here, going on 20 probably lol... <50 to lose, how is that for optimistic. Any Christians who want to chat? New group at

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7398-christian-chat
  • sandifalk
    sandifalk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 65 and I just started using this program. It's pretty cool, and it really is helping me to count my calories - which I never wanted to do before, unfortunately, now I have to count calories. I have Hypo-Thyroid (low-Thyroid) and I just had my metobolic resting rate tested and found out that it was VERY LOW. In order for me to lose weight, I need to eat between 1050-1100 calories and that's now a whole lot. If I eat more than 1100 calories, I will gain weight. Sooooo, now I'm counting calories in order to stay on track and lose this weight once and for all.

I feel that I will be successful this time - especially since I now feel empowered with knowing exactly why I was not loosing any weight, even though I do strength training and aerobics. What I put in my mouth, is crucial.

Good luck to you - let's stay in touch.

Sandi
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, from the US. Post menopausal and hypothyroidism will not slow me down. Since I started this in April 2012, I'm almost at my goal of 39 pounds off. Then I will re-evaluate. Working at being strong and healthy to keep up with my much younger mind!
    Add me, too if you wish.
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Will be hitting 51 next month....feel free to add me as a friend:wink:
  • bobbenwell
    bobbenwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm from Ottawa, Canada. 72 years young. Trying to get rid of about 15 lbs. :smile:
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Turned 50 in March of this year, feeling like a 13 yr old inside most of the time, but the mirror shows something entirely different on the outside:laugh: Originally from Transylvania, now living in Canada, determined to have the scale and mirror show something I'm comfortable with. Add me if you wish.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'm 58, going on 59, from the UK and been on some sort of diet since I put on a load of weight at the age of 8 (family trauma) and never lost the bad habits engendered then. Yes, it IS harder to lose weight but it IS going. I have lots to lose (like 130lbs or so) but I'll do it - I am determined to do it.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Join the Group "50+, FABULOUS AND FIT" within myfitnesspal.:smile: