• AmyH724
    AmyH724 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 today!

So far so good!! :smile:
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last time I think I got to week 3 but stopped due to injury. Will try again perhaps on Monday.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have never been athletic. I have an uncomfortably large chest, and up until recently I liked to joke that I wasn't sure I could be motivated to run if I was being chased. In an attempt to shake up my weight loss I decided to try C25K. Insane, right? When W1D1 did not kill me, I did W1D2 and then D3. Day 3 was really hard so I did that week again. Yesterday I finished W3D3! I think I am going to repeat the week before moving on to W4. I was shocked to discover I really enjoy it. I am not fast or sleek. My face gets red, I sweat, and puff, but I do it and when I am done I feel so proud. I would encourage you to give it a try. When you make it through the first week or two you will be hooked. Take your time and do what's best for you. Good luck!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    I decided I would start it the Monday after I got back from my holiday - which is tomorrow!

But motivation is a real struggle - Here's hoping I can drag my *kitten* out the door for once!

Does anyone here have tips on motivation?

And would you recommend doing it early morning or late at night? (I don't really want to go out during the main part of the day)

i recommend running early ... i found i struggle if i try to run after i've worked all day ... i think it's important to NOT be tired when you start!! and i LOVE the way i feel after i run ... that's what keeps me going!!
  • Alice_H
    Alice_H Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this. I printed out the info from the website this week. I don't know if I should do that or do what I was doing, which is walk 2-3 laps (1/4 mile each lap) then jog one, then walk etc. The C25K seems to be a lot to remember so I'm thinking I should just wing it. Not sure what might be better.

If you have a smart phone, there's an app to time your intervals. IIRC, the Android app has a free version. Dunno about the Apple store - I know they have an app but I don't know if there's a free version.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last day of week three and I never thought I'd be this far in. I love it!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 1. I am used to doing an hour of cardio a day, so I've been running through the program twice, which may not be sustainable once I get to the longer jogging stretches. Because of my weight and an old meniscus tear, I chose to clear it with my doctor before starting. She was very encouraging, and with a few caveats (ice the knee whether it feels like it needs it or not, slow it down if it hurts, etc.) she sent me on my way to jogging. I think that my jogging is slower than my walking at this point, but it's a start!

The program I'm using on my phone is Ease into 5K.
  • DangerDiv
    Options
    I am on week 5 of the Couch to 5K running plan. It is AWESOME!!! I can't believe how far I've come in 5 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has done it or in the middle right now?

hi! i did this many many many years ago and it is totally what I credit to having turned me into an avid runner. i went from 185 lbs to 110 due to the discipline and the ease that came along with that program. i was a cc runner growing up... then got fat in my mid-20s and had no idea how to conquer running again. that program was a god send and before I knew it i was running 12 miles for funsies.

stick with it for sure!!! <3
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I did the c25k it works. I rember not being able to do day .1 I did it at least 3 times now I can run a 10 min mile
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    just did week 2, day 1 this morning!

I'm on my way!! :-)

About to get out for week 2 day 1 myself! I really am looking forward to it, and the weeks to come!
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 today!

Weeks 1 - 3 have been really easy so far (unless you're a complete beginner). Next week doesn't look hard, just 5 minutes. What I'm really stressing on is running 20 minutes without stopping. But I'll trust in the app to take me there!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I am a newbie to couch to 5k..Week 1 day 3 but so far I love it!
    I have no running history and asthma so I thought it would be impossible. I am actually attempting to run my first 5 k this year!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 last week but my knee's been hurting really bad since. Will hopefully start week 4 later this week. I love it! It's an awesome feeling.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Do you guys prefer doing the program on a treadmill or on flat ground outside??
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this. I printed out the info from the website this week. I don't know if I should do that or do what I was doing, which is walk 2-3 laps (1/4 mile each lap) then jog one, then walk etc. The C25K seems to be a lot to remember so I'm thinking I should just wing it. Not sure what might be better.

if you have an iphone or such you can download a free app that will tell you when to walk/run

Or you can download a podcast. The NHS do a free one
  • nwilson91
    Options
    Been there, done that. Went from post-op to now running a 5k every other day. Weeks 5 and 6 are dicey, but you can always repeat workouts until you can do them.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Completed the C25K then went straight on to do the B210K program and was able to complete a 10K at the end of week 4. I am now trying to increase my pace by doing HIIT.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try C25K but have had the app for probably over a year and never started cause I though I was to heavy. I always said I would start once I was "thinner". Thanks for the motivation to finally start it!
  • JustSteph81
    JustSteph81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would really like to try it. Do we train 3 days a week, for 9 weeks?
  • mummymechell
    Options
    Week 2, day 1 for me! It is amazing! I love the fact i can run! even if it is for 90secs.