Hello Looking for Friends.

Options
Hello everyone. A friend told me about this site and I am looking forward to losing some weight. my friend told me that I should reach out to the mfp community for friends that will support me as I support them, Thanks for taking time to read this and I wish the best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• ChantalFiset
    ChantalFiset Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also recently joined MFP via my nutritionist, who recommended me this site (and app).

I'm 52 and weigh now 231.5 pounds as of yesterday. Been overweight all my life but it's time I really do something about it, for good!

I'm very excited and motivated. Lost 4,5 pounds in 4 days, but in the beginning, it's just nornal I think. I still have a long way to go, but it's a good start!

I agree with you, motivation from friends is VERY important, and I think this site will also help.

Feel free to add me and we can help motive each other if you'd like! :)
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I have been using the community side of MFP and the people on here have become some of the most amazing forces of support, positivity, motivation and encouragement in my life and journey to a healthy lifestyle. I know first hand how much of a difference having friends on here can have, so feel free to add me :)
  • para999sal
    Options
    This is a great site and everyone is very supportive.
    I have had many hints and tips from others.
    The support has kept me going.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I've been on for about a month. I love food and exercise journaling. It really helps. I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • mistym1967
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm back at it and need all the support I can get and I'm a great cheerleader for others.
  • Tesh25
    Tesh25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I have been using this site for 3 mos now and love it! I am on every day and love to give and receive encouragement! Feel free to add me :)
  • Logan819
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 and weigh 232.6 lbs. and thought it would be cool to have someone my age/weight to talk to when need be and maybe kind of make a challenge out of it to see who could get to their goal weight first. My husband has not an ounce of fat on him, so he cannot relate. I was 150 lbs. about 9 years ago and then I unexpectedly got pregnant with my last son and quit smoking at the same time. I packed on about 70 lbs. and never lost any of it. My son is 9 years old now and I'm tired of the weight and I want my size 10 back so badly. I'm doing this if it kills me. We can also provide support to each other if you want. Thanks for listening.

Cindy
  • 4rick
    4rick Posts: 23
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I can use all of the support I can find. And if there is anyone else who would like another freind, send me a freind request:smile: I am wanting to find strength in numbers (supportive people).
  • kuzurichan
    kuzurichan Posts: 134
    Options
    Hey! :)
    I made this thread a while ago:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/694202-the-hopefully-biiiig-i-need-friends-thread
    Here's 300+ people all looking for friends - and I can guarantee that they're all super, lovely and motivating people. :)