KFC 395 calorie meal!

Options
Okay, so I know I'm behind in trying the new grilled chicken at KFC but today I decided I wanted a "naughty" meal and craved fast food flavor so badly soooo...off to KFC I went to try the 395 calorie meal for $3.95. OOOOO MMMMMM GGGG! My craving is entirely satisfied! I know, the sodium in it is terribly bad but the chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and gravy were so super yummy! Just thought I'd share. :smile:

Replies

• jcompton3821
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!! Now I want some!!!! :smile:
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You just made me hungry :laugh: I will try that one day though, Im sure!! Thanks!
  • mariaprice1
    Options
    dont really like KFC, but a 395 calorie meal is a really good look. wish more fast food places would do that!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I wondered if it was any good...I'll have to try it one day.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get really bored with the stuff I have for lunch and find that having a meal out is more satisfying during an icky work day. I've recently discovered Pita Pit, too. They have a great selection of (HUGE) pitas for under 500 calories. The website is great because it lets you "build" your pita and gives you all of the nutritional information immediately. There are even better options that they have but aren't yet on the website. Too frequently the only healthy alternatives you can get at a fast food type restaurant is a plain salad with fat free dressing and that's just not appealing.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    *drool* the 395 meal is amazing. :love:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try it. I like KFC and it brings back good memories. My late boyfriend :heart: used to take me to KFC when I still lived in Illinois. :happy:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I read this post and decided to go pick one up for myself. I got to the drive thru and they said they stopped making them! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I read this post and decided to go pick one up for myself. I got to the drive thru and they said they stopped making them! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Stopped for the night or stopped forever? I will be TERRIBLY sad if they stop making them before I get a chance to try one!
  • dawn13523
    Options
    You can get that plate anytime, the price may be different though. It is the grilled chicken - 1 thigh and 1 wing with green beans and mashed potatoes with gravy. It is really nice to have an option that is quick and not a hamburger!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...but, KFC is GROSS...went there about 20 years ago, pulled back the skin on the chicken and it was pimpled, undercooked and greasy....neveragain
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You actually believe that combo is only 395 cals because KFC says so?

Do some research on the accuracy of fast food nutritional info, you'll be surprised.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You actually believe that combo is only 395 cals because KFC says so?

Do some research on the accuracy of fast food nutritional info, you'll be surprised.

Good point...don't walk blindly into it...