Hairy Dieters recipes.... Any good?

Options
nichojanes
nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
I've been watching the BBC programme 'Hairy Dieters' but have not been able to get hold of a copy of the book. Sold out EVERYWHERE!!

Has anyone managed to get hold of a copy and are the recipes in there tasty and easy/quick to make?

Thanks

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I think if you go on Hairy dieters website they have the recipes on there?
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    yeah go on the BBC website and some of the receipes tehy use in the program they have on there.

I tried the 'skinny beef lasgnue' (i cant spell lol) and my and my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed it didnt miss the pasta sheets at all!

I want to try their homemade takeaway meals too
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi - I guess you're talking about the current programme where they're trying to lose weight. Haven't seen the book but I thought all the recipes were online if you Google the programme Hairy Bikers?

Are Hairy Dieters different than Hairy Bikers?:happy:
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love those guys but I haven't seen the hairy dieters show, are they dieting too?....

I'm going to see if I can get it on catch-up tv.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tried the skinny lasagne they have some of the recipes on the actual BBC website under the Hairy dieters if you wanted to give them a whirl
  • Squible
    Options
    Hi - I guess you're talking about the current programme where they're trying to lose weight. Haven't seen the book but I thought all the recipes were online if you Google the programme Hairy Bikers?

Are Hairy Dieters different than Hairy Bikers?:happy:

It is the Hairy Bikers they go on a diet :) so its all good 'proper' food but healthier. They did healthy pies last week and also healthy alternative to sweet and sour chicken and a chicken korma....they looked so good!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Most look very yummy and easy to do!! We got ours from wh smiths just as it started on telly for £7.

My oh has done the chilli con carne and really liked it, only thing he did was added chunks of bell peppers to it.

I dont think all recipes will be on the website only ones they have covered in the show, otherwise people wont be buying the book but i guess it would be a good start!
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks Squible

I saw the one with the pies - the pies were amazing at about 300 cals. The curry and the chinese they did and got locals to compare them to their takeaway versions were also great. Very impressed with the bikers - they're doing a grand job.:happy:
  • sue1316
    sue1316 Posts: 1
    Options
    Go to the BBC FOOD WEBSITE they have all the recipes for free.
  • Blissfulspace
    Blissfulspace Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made the Hairy Dieters Sweet & Sour Chicken last night and it was great - the taste is really good. Would definitely recommend it.

Sara
  • NiennaMariee
    NiennaMariee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haven't got the book, but we tried the mince beef and potato pie which was on the website and it was quite nice. My little girl really enjoyed it too and she won't usually eat pastry on pies, so can't have been bad :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    They have it in stock on amazon.co.uk... looks great and the reviews are good x

Edited to add it now says it will be in on the 8th but can be preordered! X
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    We made the cassoulet last week when we had friends round to dinner - it was lovely, and the leftovers made delicious lunches for me.

I am currently marinating chicken ready to make their version of korma tonight. I just find the recipes online, though I might by my husband the book for his birthday (he's a biker too, and enjoys cooking as long as he ahd a recipe to follow)

They looked amazing in the last show of the series - lost about 3 stone each (that's 42lbs y'all) and really brought their body fat % down!
  • Barry1503
    Barry1503 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got it through iTunes and downloaded onto my iPad.............some really good recpes.
  • duvessab
    Options
    The pie were AMAZING - although I put soya mince in instead of meat (veggie) but what I liked was the idea of the pizza base - there are SO MANY things to stuff the pies with!!!! And they freeze quite well. I used big muffin tin for the pies. :happy:
  • juggerlugs
    Options
    Book is also available in Costco if there is one near you, £2.00 cheaper than Amazon.
    I have tried making the chinese sweet and sour and it was delicious, I'd go as far as to say it was better than the local takeaway chinese meal, and that's from someone (me) who is usually rubbish at cooking. Cassoulet and cottage pie was delicious too. The low fat beef mince pies, the meat and veg was very tasty but not so sure about the pizza base for a pastry. I'm going to try it again but this time with filo pastry which I believe has slightly lower fat content ...I like my pastry crunchy.

In the past week I have lost 3lbs not sure if it is the HD diets or doing a bit extra work in the garden last week (helping to lay decking), best book yet for tasty diets and not boring rabbit food.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I got the recipe for the Chilli Salad Bowls from the BBC website and it was yummy.
  • Squible
    Options
    I really want to look in the book to see what other receipes there are to try but cant find it anywhere! so frustrating I'm sure in a month once the hype has died down itll be ok hah.

Anybody bought the book?