30 day SHRED Advice past, present, or future experience

Options
2»

Replies

• littlenoms
    Options
    I just finished day 10 of level one. Going to start level two tomorrow morning, and I'm a little scared.

I alternated the first few days between 30DS and Yoga Meltdown, because my poor body couldn't handle it. But I completed the last 8 days straight and I feel amazing. I'm using 3 pound weights.

I've already lost two pounds (this is the only exercise I'm doing, but I am watching my calories). I can already see a difference in my arms and stomach. My boyfriend even noticed!

I'm going to try and do the next levels straight through. I find that if I take a day off, it's hard to get motivated again.

Good luck. It's tough! For me, the hardest part is the strength - mostly the pushups!
  • Inrequia
    Inrequia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just found a copy of the DVD, and am interested in trying this out. I'd like to start today, but what do you guys enter into the exercise logs? I searched for "30 day shred" and got nothing. I just want to make sure that I'm not overworking my body and underconsuming calories.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    After the first 10 days my knee was KILLING me, after some googling I noticed a pretty big tread with knee pain during the shred. So I trashed it and moved on to a few other videos.

The same thing happened to me after a week of doing it but I'm hoping to give it another go now x
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Just found a copy of the DVD, and am interested in trying this out. I'd like to start today, but what do you guys enter into the exercise logs? I searched for "30 day shred" and got nothing. I just want to make sure that I'm not overworking my body and underconsuming calories.

I'd like to know this too
  • littlenoms
    Options
    I've been entering it as "Circuit training, general" for 20 minutes.
  • msSarah83
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been doing the 30 day shred for almost 2 weeks now. I am definitely a lot stronger. It is a little difficult but well worth it. Have not done level 3 yet but 2 kills me every time.
  • littlenoms
    Options
    I just started level 2 today. My everything hurts :(

But I feel that it went by so much quicker than level 1. I guess that's a good sign. 9 more days and I'm off to level 3!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did 10 days straight, then took 2 days out and moved up to level 2 for 10 days.
    I lost so many inches when I did that (although not much weight, but that doesn't matter) - it's a brilliant DVD. I tried Ripped, but it seemed that it was toning muscles up UNDER the fat, so I was shedding weight but not inches.
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    After the first 10 days my knee was KILLING me, after some googling I noticed a pretty big tread with knee pain during the shred. So I trashed it and moved on to a few other videos.

I am currently on day 7 of the 30 day shred and I too have a bad knee and shins (I am over 50 yrs. young) I decided to keep going with it because numerous advice from women over 50 have said they modified it even more to their joint ailments. I can do the jumping jacks but when it comes to the Butt Kicks and the Jump Rope I just vigorously march in place making sure to bring my legs high, keeping my posture straight and holding my tummy in. The rest of the routine doesn't seem to bother me. Just yesterday I went from doing the push-ups in 5 intervals (stopping the dvd so they don't get ahead of me) to doing 12 push-ups in a row, stopping and doing the rest. So I see improvement even though I have tweeked it to fit my ailments.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6. My 8yr old daughter does it with me(without weights). We LOVE it. The first 4 days I was sore as hell. But hubby showed me some different stretches to do afterward and it helped a lot. I do 15-45 minutes extra cardio each day but only because I'm used to doing a hour a day and so I feel like I'm missing something. I measured myself in the beginning and will measure afterward.

I have a bum right knee and so far no problems with that. I am cautious though and don't try to overdo on lunges/squats. haven't taken a off day but I have't felt a need to yet.

PS...after doing a search through the forums I found that most people log it as circuit training general.

Good luck to you.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30 day shred my 3rd run through of it. I honestly hate it lol, but I love what she does for my body. Slim in 6 is good, power 90 is good, husband and I are talking about getting Insanity and doing it together which I really hope he is serious about :)
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30--I really like them both a lot. Great results!! I'm now alternating workouts, throwing in her Power Yoga and Extreme Shed and Shred as well.
  • bgirl88
    Options
    Hi! I am starting 30 day shred today. My best friend is on day 3 so we are motivating each other. If anyone has any tips, help or advice. It will be greatly received :) Also looking for like minded friends to help keep motivated x
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been very curious about this program, alot of people on here seem to love it! I have to wait for an injury to heal, but hope to do this down the road :)