Question for those who use FITBIT

Options
I have been considering buying one. One of my questions is once I pay the 100 for it do I have to pay a monthly fee for tracking the data? If so how much?

What do you like about it? And what don't you like?

Replies

• acalvitt
    acalvitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No, you do not have to pay a supporting membership for Fitbit UNLESS you want to subscribe to their premium program. I have had my Fitbit since April and do not have the premium program.

What do I like about Fitbit? It has changed my life! I have my Fitbit account linked to MFP, so my activity on Fitbit is automatically synced to MFP. I have learned that being fit and active means more than just exercising an hour a day (and vegging out the rest of the day); I now look for more ways to fit activity in. These can be simple steps such as parking further out when I go shopping and not grumbling when I realize I forgot to pick up an item at the other end of the store. I am also the one now who mows the lawn--and sometimes now my neighbor's lawn--because they give me more steps!

My husband used to beg me to accompany him for walks on the weekends, and I always had a reason not to want to go. Now, we are together on the walking trails every weekend, and I love the time we spend together!

The Fitbit will reset itself to zero every night at midnight, so there is no need to zero out the step count. By using the Start/Stop function, I am able to isolate specific walking activities to see how far I have walked and/or see how my pace has improved.

Those of us who have Fitbits love them--I am betting you will, too!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. They sound handy to have.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    got mine yesterday ..first full day today and I love it. It's a bit confusing to me as to how fitbit and MFP really coexist..but I'm trying to figure it out. Some people say only log on MFP and others say to only log on fitbit. So I just let it go as I go about my business and then log my "fast walk" on MFP. Then I manually delete what fitbit registered on it. I just like being able to see at a glance where I stand with my normal day activity.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Punkmom will you let me know how you feel in a few days. After you have used it? I would love to hear good and bad.