I think if I were single I would just hunt for men here. :tongue:
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think if I were single I would just hunt for men here. :tongue:

There's plenty of crazies on here too. :laugh:
  • LifeChanginExp
    Options
    I found everything I needed right here on MFP.

Yea? Are u satisfied with what you found?

Very :heart:

I love you Kevin. You have made me the happiest woman alive.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i met my partner on there :) it'll be 2 years in December this year. I wasn't planning to meet anyone on there and i actually thought he is way out of my reach but i messaged him anyway :)

just be careful and have your wits about you!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I found everything I needed right here on MFP.

Yea? Are u satisfied with what you found?

Very :heart:

I love you Kevin. You have made me the happiest woman alive.

I love you too Bea:love:
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    POF is as bad as Craigslist for dating. Do yourself a favor and go to a paid site. Do you really want to date a man who isn't willing to pay for a dating service? Um no. :)

I know what you mean and I have been on 2 other paid sites in the last 3 years. Had some great dates, but nothing serious. Just figured I would try this for a change.

I'm happy for those who found love on here. Not expecting or looking for that here though. Although, you never know where live will take you.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    met my wife there actually..
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Best of luck hun! :flowerforyou:
  • Shilynnesmommy
    Options
    Personally I used it a few times and went on several dates most of which just wanted sex! However i did end up in 2 relationships that were short lived! In my experience its kinda in between! Just be straight and up front with the guys! you will always get guys looking to "hook up" no matter where you meet them!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I met my guy on POF and we've now been together 2 1/2 years. I met a few other really nice guys on there too, but it takes a bit to sort through the creeps and hook-ups but the good ones are out there. You get to know who the good and bad ones are on there real quick!
  • LifeChanginExp
    Options
    POF is as bad as Craigslist for dating. Do yourself a favor and go to a paid site. Do you really want to date a man who isn't willing to pay for a dating service? Um no. :)

I know what you mean and I have been on 2 other paid sites in the last 3 years. Had some great dates, but nothing serious. Just figured I would try this for a change.

I'm happy for those who found love on here. Not expecting or looking for that here though. Although, you never know where live will take you.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I wasn't looking for love. I actually didn't even believe in love. Then Kevin came into my life and changed it completely. He is the most amazing person I know. He loves me for who I am. I was blessed and thank the heavens above for sending me my angel. He is my first true love. I hope I can make him as happy as he makes me!!
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used pof.com. The majority of guys on there just want one night stands and to hook up. Two previous guys I dated off pof.com wanted to date but didn't want anything more than dating, they didn't want to further the relationships. At the time I was dating them, I was fine with it, but it got old, and eventually we broke up as I wanted more. The guy I'm currently dating and living with wants long term, he wants the house, wife and kids. We've known each other since January 1, 2012 and it's going better than any of the other guys/relationships I had on pof. My brother met his current girlfriend on pof.com. I love her to death! My cousin also met someone on pof.com and they're now married. HOWEVER I know that we're the rareities. Way to many guys wanting one night stands, but if you can handle a few strange ones good luck. I was on and off pof.com for 2 years before I met my current bf and I was at the point where I was tired of looking for someone and ready to give up for awhile. I met him because he didn't give me the creeps or any reason not to meet him. He's a good guy, just has a lot of baggage.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there's many a difference in attiutudes towards online dating in the UK as there is in the USA but I'm from the UK and joined POF 2 years ago. I was only a member for 3 weeks before I closed my account after meeting my lovely boyfriend on there that I'm still with :)

And I must say, most of the guys on there from the UK seemed quite genuine. I did get a few creeps but I would say I got 90% nice guys and only 10% creeps, although most of the nice guys did seem a little bit like damp squibs and were a bit desperate but they definately weren't just after sex. Went on a date with two guys, one of them is my current man. The other guy was lovely but just a bit too quiet for me. But yeah, maybe the UK sign ups are more likely to look for something serious than the US or maybe I was just lucky when I went on it.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on there! Where I live it is 90% casual dating & hookups. I met the love of my life on there & i've made a couple awesome guy friends on there too. But I weeded thru hundreds of douche bags.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    POF is awful.

Some of the profiles made me worry about the state of humanity.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I met my amazing boyfriend of almost a year on there, as well as other previous boyfriends. Obviously, you're going to have to weed through the creeps. It's really not that hard to spot them though. I do feel that there are genuine guys who really are looking for relationships on pof. You just have to be patient and talk to a lot of people. Don't expect to find your soul mate overnight. It may be harder to find someone serious on a free site like pof than on a paid site, but not everyone (including myself) wants to pay a monthly subscription to meet people. Just because the site is free doesn't mean everyone on there is a loser.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I hated it. The men I encountered for the most part were pigs. I met one or two nice guys. I been told by several friends that it isn't a good site to use if you are looking for a healthy, serious relationship.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I met my amazing husband of four years on there. We chatted for three months, dated for three, got engaged and married before the summer was over.

Awesome!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of incarcerated felons in my area on POF. Just sayin.

This might be an area where you get what you pay for.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I think that no matter which one of the sites you use, you are going to find a mixture of people on there. Some just looking for one night stands, and some who are serious about looking for relationships. If you are happy with that site stick with it, but just weed out the weirdo's. I haven't tried that one but have tried match and also cupid and have met my fair share of weirdo's from both of those sites.