I live in true fear.

Options
DetroitDarin
DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
Fear. Fear is a crazy word. Dictionary.com defines fear this way:
Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Brave men and brave women through history inspire us to accomplish the impossible. Mankind has walked on the moon. Sent robots to Mars. Sliced Bread. These things and more brought to us through the courage of free thinkers and driven people.

Nothing, however, is greater than the fear I now face.

Two minutes ago a massive spider crawled onto my desk. I went to squish him with a paper towel. I missed, and he darted over the edge and behind my desk.

I hear their vision is based on movement, so I sit here, petrified. Praying to God the fast typing of my keys will not draw vengence from this beast. A soft summer breeze leaks through the open window behind my right shoulder. With every tickle of every hair exposed to the wind I cringe knowing full-well it MUST be that spider out for revenge.

Facing the fear of a wandering spider. Greater than the fear dying in deep space. True.

Replies

• skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    14354.36029_4.jpg

Go nuts with it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    LMAO...sorry I know it's a true fear. My Uncle's all suffer from the same fear, and most of their son's also. My uncle once shot a spider in his house cause it was so big. Good luck
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    14354.36029_4.jpg

Go nuts with it.

LMAO, beautiful!
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    Mortars and Rockets landing around me in Iraq? No problem. There's no C-RAM for spiders.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    LMAO...sorry I know it's a true fear. My Uncle's all suffer from the same fear, and most of their son's also. My uncle once shot a spider in his house cause it was so big. Good luck

Sorry for making fun of a legitimate fear, but I find this quite hilarious.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why are men so afraid of spiders?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    If you're lucky, it's a radioactive spider, and you'll soon have a new crime fighting career.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I squeal like a stuck pig when I see them. I try to mask my extreme dislike for them because I don't want to translate that into a similar fear for my girls... but when I see them (along with wood ticks) , my insides are FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have fear of seeing a mouse. I don't have weapons but I would only want to see them if they have passed away. And not even then. I have these things that plug in that are supposed to send out a signal to ward them off.
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You write very well! Entertaining and yet serious. Nice.

I completely agree with the bug spray idea.
  • clbilardo
    Options
    This literally made me laugh out loud
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    YAWN
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The worst?

When you smack a spider and it doesn't just wander away someplace you can actually keep an eye on it... IT DISAPPEARS.

WHERE DO THEY GO?! They're not smushed, they're not around where you smacked them. THEY'RE JUST GONE.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If it's a black widow you need scorpion spray to kill it, regular spider spray won't bother them. The things I've learned in defending my home from spiders....
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I ran a vacuum over what I thought was a dead HUGE spider at work the other day...it wasn't and it was SO BIG due to all the babies on it's back that came flooding off when I hit with it with the vacuum. (nice of me to creep you out more, no?)
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have felt this fear before and there is nothing greater.

In other news: You have a way with words!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear. Imagine driving, and a spider crosses your windshield. And you try to determine if it inside or outside. When I realize it is inside, and I am trapped, and panic sets in....I know the fear.

PS You are an eloquent writer.
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    O-M-G!

Now my skin is crawling - I HATE spiders!

Kill it! Kill it with fire!!
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    We had brown widows in Alabama. Ugh.

One morning I found a dead something just outside the front door. I used it to create a battle scene for my son's legos:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KcANDV89SXc/UCBaCCnABNI/AAAAAAAAATY/LbDHMM6Pq14/s1600/killingbug.jpg