fruits

Options
Amyl32283
Amyl32283 Posts: 10 Member
This may be a really stupid question, but do you guys include fruit in your calories eaten for the day? When I was on weight watchers .... I never had to include fruit in my points. So, this is kind of new to me.

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes. Fruits and vegetables. They all add up in terms of calories, carbs, etc.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I include them because I like to see that I've eaten fruit a vegies that day. Plus they do add up a bit
  • juliegreen3
    Options
    This one is frustrating for me too, as a previous WW member. It was nice to know that if I was hugry I could eat whatever fruit or vegetable I wanted and not worry about caloric intake. But to be honest, it was way too easy for me to go overboard there to the point where I was eating 7-8 fruits a day, and the sugar content/calorie count of that is pretty high!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Count everything that has a calorific count as juliegreen3 says it all adds up !!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    This may be a really stupid question, but do you guys include fruit in your calories eaten for the day? When I was on weight watchers .... I never had to include fruit in my points. So, this is kind of new to me.

count them...they have calories and wonderful nutrients. I, however have to balance my fruit with a protein or even the natural sugar messes with my blood sugar...always fruit and nuts or fruit and cheese for me. By logging you will be able to see patterns like that and well a banana is 100 calories, and apple can be anywhere from 50-80 depending on size etc..you would log a 100 calorie pack of chips so you should log fruit
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Did WW work? If it did you would not need to be here. I would enter everything that passes your lips.
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Count everything. Fruits like grapes and bananas have more calories than expected.
  • Amyl32283
    Options
    Did WW work? If it did you would not need to be here. I would enter everything that passes your lips.

Yes, ww did work ... I lost my first 60 pounds with ww and kept it off. Weight watchers cost money, this doesn't ... which is why I am here now. I am trying to adjust to calories vs. points.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    If you are still following WW then I would say to let them be free foods. If you are more into counting calories then you should also count fruits and vegetables.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Fruits should be counted because your supposed to put what you eat and drink in your food diary. You eat fruit, so you should count it.
  • Amyl32283
    Options
    Just want to say something abiut this. Ive been more successful losing the weight not counting my fruits or vegetables than I was counting the, :happy:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how many calories a banana had. When I joined MFP, and started logging everything that passes my lips, I was shocked at how many calories I was eating every day. No wonder I couldn't lose weight. Even though I am at sort of a stand still right now, I will overcome it and keep on truckin. I have 10 lbs to lose and I have heard that the last 10 lbs are the hardest. I'm not discouraged, but will keep on going. I have fruits every day and count them all, they are a healthy nutritious food, lots better than stuff packed with artificial stuff and fast foods. My ticker says 5 lbs, but my ultimate goal is 10 more.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Not counting things defeats the purpose of using a calorie counter.

I personally feel that WW allows people to not count fruits and veggies because they don't think their audience is capable of dieting without basically being able to eat an unlimited amount of food (fruits and veggies).
  • gmoore351
    gmoore351 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have always been told to count your vegy's and fruits. Their calories are low but they all have calories non the less. I count mine just like everything else.]