anyone ever used plentyoffish.com

Options

Replies

• cutiepieinchi
    Options
    lot of the guys say they are looking to date but are really looking for a hookup. I have a friend that had good success with okcupid. Im thinking of just paying and getting a match account..we shall see :)
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    ive used it a few times and found that despite putting down i was only seeking genuine people for genuine experiences i let my guard down and was used for ONS.....

weird!

and then

you have the ones who say "write me more than a line to get a reply" so you do and get a genuine reply with a raft of questions so you spend half hour of your life only to not get a further reply.

and then

you get the girls who take pictures of them selves in nothing but bras looking trashy saying they have standards - which means "i am willing to sleep around but not with a munter" haha

my pet hate

are the girls who take pictures of themselves years ago, maybe slim, maybe not grey haired

lastly

the ones who use a vantage point for a picture directly above their heads so they do look slim and go on about being healthy and excersicing but if you actually meet them they go on about gaining weight and not liking to sweat....

just for the record i am not against larger women, its what is on the inside that counts - but if a first date if based around lies then.......

if i want to meet single people i stick to subway, the buiscit isle in walmart or mates of mates -POF are full of insecurity and confidence issues, too much baggage
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    i know a girl who is attracted to the prisoners and goes to visit them, storking thier legs under the tables - i bet her mobile phone number is all over the prisons - incidently another POF/faceparty contact haha
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I've heard so many horror stories about that site... Frightening.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I had a guy message me over and over again and say he didn't understand why I wouldn't reply ( I couldn't figure out how to block from my phone) when we were meant to be.
    Another said I "rang the bells of his heart".
    Another accused me of "giving up on him" because I didn't reply for a day ( I was busy at work and home ).
    Another guy said he was going to turn off my water service ( he worked for the water company ) if I didn't "give him a chance".
    It sucks.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,967 Member
    Options
    You folks are frightening me. Once my separation is done and I've had a chance to heal, I was thinking about doing the online dating thing but, after reading these posts, I'm not sure I will do so... :huh:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Worst site ever. One guy told me I look good for an older woman. I'm 30.

Although I guess that's better than the guy that wanted me to hook up with him and his girlfriend.
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think online dating in general sucks! lol I've tried a LOT of sites (pof, okcupid, lavalife, eharmony, match, and more) and it is the same story on all of them... you spend hours and hours weeding through to find someone good.

But I've also tried speed dating, singles groups, clubs, and going through friends. Also spending copious amounts of time in coffee shops, lol. I'm still single. So I just keep doing what I'm doing and hope that someday I meet someone. :/ I did meet my last bf on pof and we dated for 10 months.

For those who say you get what you pay for... I disagree. eharmony is the most expensive and is actually the LEAST helpful. You only get a handful of "matches" and 90% of them aren't paid members so they can't communicate with you anyway. :/

Right now I have a paid membership on match and it's not any better than pof.
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    I've tried a variety of sites and I haven't found a difference in the quality (using the term loosely) of people on there. It's not just 20-something men; the 50+ are the same. The men NOT looking for immediate sexual gratification are so unacceptable... Yes, there ARE 50-somethings, never married, still living in their parents' basement! I'm still on one site, and I'm only waiting until my membership expires, then I'm gone.

Lots of scammers on those sites, too. And many of the sites are owned by the same company.

saying that the men not looking for sexual gratification are unacceptable is such a dis. my dad found his wife on that site! he was 50 yes, but he was married previously, makes amazing money and is one of the hardest working people i know. he worked his way up in the world. when i was a kid i remember him going to college and delivering pizza allllll the time just to pay bills for 3 mouths (my mothers included!). he also signed up for eharmony, which cost him big money, and he never met anyone off of it. him and his wife have been married for a year and met eachother two years ago.

Well said. I met someone on there and we saw each other for a very intense period of time, and I even thought she might be the one.
    But circumstances being what they are, we realised that our respective careers would take us in different directions.

Still friends, but you do have to weed out the idiots. Of which there are a gazillion
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used PoF. I met a lot of very nice men. There were some dogs of course but filter them out and move on. Also, evaluate your profile and make sure you are fishing with the right bait. If you want a stable, reliable, man who is interested in a relationship make sure your profile is sending the right message. :)
  • maksjo199
    Options
    I joined it. Met an assole on there who is no longer withme. dont do it unless your looking for a dirty *kitten* pervert
  • Stpjudge
    Options
    You folks are frightening me. Once my separation is done and I've had a chance to heal, I was thinking about doing the online dating thing but, after reading these posts, I'm not sure I will do so... :huh:

Give it a whirl UncleMac. It's fun and a great way to get back into the game.
  • Stpjudge
    Options
    I joined it. Met an assole on there who is no longer withme. dont do it unless your looking for a dirty *kitten* pervert

So, out of all the thousands of men on PoF you met a bad one and therefore they are ALL bad? Really? I was on PoF and I am not either of those things that you mentioned.
  • LifeChanginExp
    Options
    I believe its just fate... If its meant to happen it will, no matter where it happens!

MFP is where fate happened for me... :cry: the best thing in my life :heart: :love: :cry:
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I met the most amazing girl there a while back. Amazing woman. give it a shot.

However, the quality of most girls there is very low. That is why guys just want hook ups. Very few women on that site are worth more than that. You really have to search to find the good ones.
    Same goes for the quality of the men in my area and my matches.
    I swear that my inbox looks like Crimewatch or The Worlds Most Wanted.
    Its scary
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I wasn't real impressed wth POF myself... I deleted my profile... but I have a friend who meets all kinds of people and goes on dates...

I've just come to the realization that I'm one of those people that is meant to be single...
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,967 Member
    Options

Give it a whirl UncleMac. It's fun and a great way to get back into the game.
    My separation isn't done yet... and I mean it when I talked about healing. I was together with my wife for +20 years and, although we're splitting amicably, I want to be sure I don't carry emotional baggage forward... and I don't want to end up in a similar situation again!
  • TheWilltoLose
    Options
    I was on that site about five years ago. Met a guy on there and dated for several months, but eventually got tired of the fact that he was 30 and still living with his parents and had no intention of getting his own place anytime soon. Met my boyfriend on OKCupid and we've been together 2-1/2 years. :) I wish you luck and hope you find a nice one who's in it for more than just a one-nighter. :)
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I got more hey lets have random sex on ok cupid. My responses on plenty of fish were more along the lines are DERP YOU ARE HOT

After I changed my main profile pic to this: Feb24429.jpg

I got people with a sense of humor and met my boyfriend who I have been with 2 years now
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of POF.
    I get so many disgusting messages on there, and no one bothers to read my profile.
    It's all mostly hook ups.

I prefer okcupid though there aren't a ton of guys in my area.